1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

GST or GSX in Europe

Posted by MidnightGSX, Nov 9, 2012

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. MidnightGSX

MidnightGSX Probationary Member

Joined Nov 9, 2012
    Oradea, Europe
    Hello all,

I am a huge fan of the Mitsubishi Eclipse and i always wanted one. Soon i will afford one to buy, but i live in Europe and to be honest i have a hard time finding one. I have found lots of Eclipse GS, but im interested in buying a GST or GSX. Do you guys know where i could start a good search on some websites ? Thank you in return.

Street Build 495  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. Maroon4g

Maroon4g Proven Member

Joined Oct 2, 2011
    Somewhere, North Carolina
    well last year i found my GST on bookoo from a retired soldier. But its not that hard finding a dsm in europe i've seen alot of 1Gs running around but to be honest with you if your in europe you gonna be paying an arm and leg for repairs or parts because the car is rare and extremely rare if you have a 2g like me. Thats a good reason why the states is better because in the states you can get nice parts for great prices versus here everybody trying to rip you off. But i remeber when i got to germany i went on a military website someone was selling an evo 9 for 20 grand. But you should try websites like bookoo, stars and stripes.com and go to the classifieds, and if that doesnt work you have to look on the economy websites like autoscout.de with this website you can change the language to english to undderstand everything.

Street Build 1K  3

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

2K  7

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    000 whp · 000 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  3. MidnightGSX

Joined Nov 9, 2012
    Oradea, Europe
    Thank you for the reply,

Im interested in the 2G Eclipse from 99. Didnt knew that would be hard to find parts for it, i know that in USA is easier. I'll try on those websites. Thanks again

Street Build 495  0

manual · 2G DSM
  4. Michacolonia

Michacolonia Probationary Member

Joined Apr 7, 2011
    Cologne, Europe
    Maybe you'll try dsmworld.net - a german community.
    Well, gst's are very rare, but sometimes you'll get some charged non turbos...
    Where are you from ?

558  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    14.184 @ 104.365 · 2G DSM
  5. MidnightGSX

Joined Nov 9, 2012
    Oradea, Europe
    I'm from Romania, we have auto clubs and many race events across the country...i hope one day i can take my future eclipse on the track for drag racing. Who knows ? that would be ideal.

Street Build 495  0

manual · 2G DSM
  6. Michacolonia

Michacolonia Probationary Member

Joined Apr 7, 2011
    Cologne, Europe
    Another oportunity would be, to buy a well conditioned non turbo, and rebuild the engine yourself, exactly like you need it.
    There are a lot of turbo parts like pistons and so on in germany ;-)

558  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    14.184 @ 104.365 · 2G DSM
  7. MidnightGSX

Joined Nov 9, 2012
    Oradea, Europe
    I thought about that to be honest, but i think a 4g63t it's more suitable. It has a great history and the story still goes on with every DSM or EVO, i would be very happy to have one. I think the 4g63t is the best 4 cylinder engine in the world.

Street Build 495  0

manual · 2G DSM
  8. TeamFury

TeamFury Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2008
    Raeford, North Carolina
    Hey I'm stationed in Vicenza, Italy(U.S Army) and could look around for you. Have a lot of parts also on hand for a 1 gen. But some parts are interchangeable if you go with a 6 bolt swap. But I figure I could help you out if you need to order some stuff from the states probly be a lot cheaper to ship to me, then to you. Just a suggestion hit me up after you think about it.
    Brandon

Drag Race Build 4K  1

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.57 @ 135 · 1G DSM
  9. MidnightGSX

Joined Nov 9, 2012
    Oradea, Europe
    Thanks for the help, much appreciate...i'll definitely think about it. it's good to know that are people willing to help. thanks again :)

Street Build 495  0

manual · 2G DSM
  10. MidnightGSX

Joined Nov 9, 2012
    Oradea, Europe
    I finally got my Eclipse, it's been almost a year since I have my 98' Eclipse GS now. Couldn't find the GSX in Europe, although that's my dream car. I thought that I could start with something easier for the moment like a GS. I love it ! :D

Attached Files:

Street Build 495  0

manual · 2G DSM
  11. ColtiXim

ColtiXim Supporting VIP

Joined Dec 9, 2009
    France, Europe

Street Build 3K  0

1989 Dodge Colt 4G61T
    manual · 4G63t Swapped
  12. MidnightGSX

Joined Nov 9, 2012
    Oradea, Europe
    Thanks Colti

Street Build 495  0

manual · 2G DSM
  13. Maroon4g

Maroon4g Proven Member

Joined Oct 2, 2011
    Somewhere, North Carolina
    Today was browsing around and found two EVO IV's for 8,500 Euro and 5,000 Euro, 98 EVO V 6,900 Euro, and 2006 EVO IX (US Spec) 27,000 Dollars. You just have to request pictures for that EVO IX. Go to it on the website bookoo then go to classifieds Germany and look under Graf, then type in EVO in the search area.

Street Build 1K  3

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

2K  7

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    000 whp · 000 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  14. eps991

eps991 Probationary Member

Joined Jan 19, 2014
    Trieste, Europe

1K  0

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T