The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

going the 1g head swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnypimp

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2003
Miami, Florida
i have the head installed and i'm running my wires. here's the problem: i don't have the resources to do the map sensor on my intake manifold, is there any other options to do with it. second i have alot of plugs left over, is it suppose to be like that :confused:

for the MAP sensor, just make sure that the connector is attached. connect one end of vacuum line to the port on the bottom of the MAP sensor, the other end to one of the vacuum ports on the 1G intake. (There are like 4 of them.) You will need to use a tiny bit of superglue or a very small ziptie to hold the vacuum line on the bottom of the MAP sensor since the nipple is so small..

Are you using the 2G or 1G CAS? Check your connections from the wiring harness... CAS, Crank angle sensor, (if you're still using the 2G CAS), Transistor pack, injectors, MAP sensor, ISC, TPS, Coils, coil balast,(small silver looking cylinder thing that was bolted to the 2G intake and has one wire) front o2 sensor, alternator, P/S, A/C plug, and 2 coolant sensor plugs.. Hmm... can't think if I'm missing anything else.... I'll look at my car in the morning and double check. .

Just check check and triple check..

man this post came back from the dead :laugh:

well i'm using my 2g cas and all the plugs that don't have a home are on the passenger side of the motor. it's almost done, the transistor pack, injectors, tps, coilpack are all plugged up. isc and coil balast have no clue about them :confused:

Take some pictures of the plugs that still have no home...

The ISC plug is square and brown with (6?) pin holes It will be on the passenger side of the harness.. The coil balast will be a single small black clip connecter and will be just past the injector plugs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back