The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Full Throttle AFPR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2002
Glenview_IL
After finally getting this piece of junk installed (fuel return line doesn't fit over the fitting), I start my car and go to adjust fuel pressure. Oops bolt turns and doesn't do anything. Look and see that the hole the bolt goes in is stripped so the regulator is worthless. Can I retap the hole or do I have to wait 2 months for Full Throttle to send me a new one?

I would start with a phone call to full throttle first or you will lose any warranty if you start retapping the hole yourself. I use the same AFPR on my 1G and have had no problems. You have a fuelpresure gauge in the engine compartment? Perhaps you can remove the adjustment screw altogether and using a blunt object push into the hole and see if the pressure raises. If it is functional then your idea of retappig the hole for a larger adjustment screw would be a valid possibility. Mark

IMO, I had one of the first Full throttle AFPR.. They are a garbage. the fuel pressure would never go below 40 psi with the vacume line plug in. I swap out the thing for a Aeromotive AFPR.. Never had any problems. IMO.. Send the thing back and get your money back.

I agree that they are junk. I installed it, let the car idle, then just sold it the next day and this was after waiting umm..8 weeks.
Just call them and tell them flat out, send me a new one ASAP or return my money and I'll return the product...

I had one for over a year and it worked fine. No probelms at all. I just recently switched because I got a great price on a Aeromotive setup with ss braided and fittings. If not for the great deal on the Aeromotive setup, the Full Throttle Speed unit was more than adequate as an AFPR. By the way, it does take much torque to for the lock nut to hold. Most people strip it because they crank down on the locknut pulling the adjustment screw out.

The problem I had was the nut was actually the wrong size for the bolt on the regulator, at the store I found the correct size. Too bad I found out after I stripped the hole. I tried JB Weld but failed because I either misaligned the hole or broke the nut off tightening the bolt down. If I fail tomorrow I'm going to send it back since I'll be gone for 6 weeks for the rest of school.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back