The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

General fuel trims with 550s at idle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR95GST

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
I just installed some 550s in my car. I was using the logger to set my low throttle but something struck me- In order to maintain a 0 correction, the SAFC has to be richened up all the way to -8% at idle. Now, 1-(450/550)=0.1818181818 so I would think that a good baseline would be -18% correction at idle. Am I missing something here? I am running a TT RX7 fuel pump re-wired (flows 210lph @ 12v and 43psi). I do not have an AFPR yet, but if anything, I would think that would cause it to run more rich than lean. Any ideas? Also, I pull 20inHG at idle and I checked for vac/boost leaks. Only one I have is a small one at the throttle body shaft seal.

FYI- I am running a 1st gen motor, evoIII16g, full exhaust, full IC piping, SAFC, pocketlogger

I wouldn't worry about it. That's really fairly normal, it could even just be the deadtime of the larger injectors.

My idle correction is 0% on 580s at idle. above that it is -20%. Don't worry about it.

Wow, this is pretty interesting. I only recently got the logger and 550s and I never looked into this. I assume to adjust the AFC for the other low throttle settings other than idle, I would need to be moving to put load on the engine, am I correct?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back