The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Front suspension noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type1DSMr

Proven Member
Jul 27, 2014
Jasper, Indiana
I drove my car to the store about 1 mile from the house, and I notice that the front end suspension started to make a lot of noise. The noise it self sounds like something is loose as in rattling and clunking sound at very low speeds of 2 mph or greater. Needless to say I parked the car and walked home LOL.

So far I was able to jack the front end up and check the control arms, sway links, tie rods, and check the boots on the cv. Everything was nice and tight without play or rips in the boots. I replaced the most of the front suspension a couple of months ago with an alignment. I can feel the clunking in the front tires and in the steering wheel.

At this point I'm unsure what to check or what could be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Have you checked the wheel bearings yet? If all else checks out ok thats the only other moving part that can get like that, there are other items to check like bushes up top and the upper spring isolator ring in the shock and upper mount, they have been known to go bad

Update: Turns out the outer cv was broken, the shafted was stripped and came out of the cup. It wasn't until I was able to jack the car up was the problem noticeable. I ordered both front cv axles from rock auto and some MOOG wheel bearings. I, also, ordered new OEM seals and fluid from extreme psi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back