The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Frankenstein 4g64 hybrid build questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob_843

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2010
Dorchester, South_Carolina
Alright, im new to the dsm tuners so be easy. Im in the process of building a 4g64 hybrid. Im basically swaping the bottom end from my 95 gst (7 bolt) and putting in a build 4g64 block(7 bolt) . Im gonna be using manley forged pistons and rods on a stock crank. Anyway, to the questions....
Im almost sure of this but will a 4g63t oil pump fit the 64 block as long as there both 7 bolts?
Will the 63t oil pan fit the 64 block?
Which timing belt should i use?
And one last thing, im thinking of going with some oil squirters just to be safe, but would it be a waste because im only wanting to get about 350hp?
Thanks

-Jimmy

Alright thanks for the info! I finally got the right block!!!! Anyways ive got the tranny out and all but havent mounted it to the block yet. I will get to that tomorrow and take pics to show the differences in the 64 blocks(so no one will make the same mistakes as i did).

K im back in the game. So far so good. Got the right block, trans mounted perfectly. Got pistons rods and all bearings. Now just waitin til payday and its goin the the machine shop the get cleaned and bored. I havent gotten around to take pics yet but will put it all on here eventually. Ill keep posted :hellyeah:

Alright so I'm back in the game! Got the block bored cleaned etc.. Everything is good. Got almost everything ready to complete the bottom end. Now i need some opinions
Which cams should i get for my build, considering that its going to be a daily driver and I dont want anything too aggressive. Should i just upgrade one cam or both? Thanks

Pics are soon to come

im doing the same kinda of build to my 95 gst so i can have a cheap stroker. to complete it you will need a 94 galant timing belt to make up for that extra timing belt tooth.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back