1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Finish help

Posted by studabaker, May 20, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    from the oil pressure switch, the oil flows thru this hole (see pic) to the head. When you have the head off, make sure that there isn't anything blocking the hole.
    upload_2019-6-4_19-56-38.png upload_2019-6-4_19-56-55.png

=========================================

DSC05314.jpg DSC05315.jpg

==========================================

if your throwing belts and the AC/power steering belt is tensioned correctly, you might have a bad harmonic balancer. Make sure it isn't starting to separate.

eb416556e9f88ec72bf2856ebb166261.jpg eda947437a93fe9e19536100a1f519f5.jpg f9d3ba4018b37d019fe8332834da7946.jpg

2. studabaker

studabaker Supporting Member

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    Sacramento, California
    Im just going to pull the head but this time i should probably get new bolts and gasket again. Especially if its the wrong gasket. I am really curious to see if that passageway is blocked. I appreciate the writ up for the gauge. It would make sense if the oil path is blocked then the belt might be bouncingor something or i over tensioned it. Or my tensioner has something wrong. The end of the bolt seems to be hittin the block. I will have the head off this weekend prob.. replacement will take longer. I guess i coud punch a hole in the gasket and reuse the bolts but i did have it machined so i might as well do it right. Maybe mor important to get new bolts and maybe punch a hole in the gasket. Take it apart and take my time to put it back together right. At least i will know if its blocked. Thank you for the information once again.

297  1

1996 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. studabaker

studabaker Supporting Member

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    Sacramento, California
    Actually i m replacing tensioner and the oil pressure sensor. I disconnected a power line for an amp that was stolen. It may have been shorting. Im not sure but from other posts that could be a problem. Wouldnt cause oil issue but it could just need to get hot once....

297  1

1996 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 2G DSM