The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fiber Glass SCOOTE 2 HOOD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengoblin

Supporting Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
McKinney, Texas
I saw this hood and was wondering if anyone has it or has a pic with it on a 2g eclipse.

If you have it how was the fitment?

Any info on the company AEROPARTS_STORE that sells it too would be great.

Here is the ebay link where I found it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=230051603424&rd=1&rd=1

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i heard, not having the "lump" for the timing cover has a clearance issue for the turbo models. depending on how it was made. i could be wrong. but that looks sweet.

EDIT: ohh yea i read about the TRD style one like the orange supra for the F&F, made for the 2g didn't fit so well.

It doesn't look like the vents are open in the 1st and 3rd pic? But the second pic looks like someone cut it out? Anyways, I'm not a fan of that hood. I think its kind of ugly as well.

The vents have a cover plate in some of the pics. Most vented hoods come shipped that way now.

I think most aftermarket hods are ugly. I hate the evo hood on our cars but thats not what this thread is about.

Interesting hood.

I would be very concerned about a hood like that which doesn't have pics of being on the car. I have heard of the company once. They used to have a fiberglass version of the G Speed hood that I have on ebay. The reviews I found on ebay were people saying that their hoods had terrible fitment issues.

I suggest that you stay with companies like VIS that don't usually have fitment issues. I didn't have any fitment issues with mine and it is a VIS. Carbon Creations has a hood called Vader, that looks somewhat similar, has one vent in the middle and there are 2 threads on here with pics.

Just my 2c. Good luck with your purchase, if you decide to buy it.

i heard, not having the "lump" for the timing cover has a clearance issue for the turbo models. depending on how it was made. i could be wrong. but that looks sweet.

EDIT: ohh yea i read about the TRD style one like the orange supra for the F&F, made for the 2g didn't fit so well.

Not so................
post #11 on (fitting on a turbo model)..............http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37778

I have a Predator hood in my garage. Now if I can just get to the body-work portion of the car.

With a little creativity and desire, just about anything is possible. Oh yea, money helps.

Wow! Your reading comprehension sucks. Your thread fitment sucks.

Go somehwere else with your opinion.

I think most aftermarket hods are ugly.

Apparently your spelling comprehension sucks since I didnt know they didnt they made aftermarket HODS for our cars. Dont go off on me, your acting like a kid. Killa gave his 2 cents and you didnt go off on him. Learn to take opinions without being
about it

Apparently your spelling comprehension sucks since I didnt know they didnt they made aftermarket HODS for our cars. Dont go off on me, your acting like a kid. Killa gave his 2 cents and you didnt go off on him. Learn to take opinions without being
about it

I didn't go off on Killa becuase he actually gave some good input to the thread. Not just the normal " that's ugly reply" that clutters up threads. That is what I was getting at.

I am very good at taking an opinion if it is constuctive and thought out. Not just a kid saying I think it's ugly! Duh? Did I say I think it's ugly?

I want to see pics with it on the a 2g and to see if someone on this site has put one on a car. I save my judgment until I see it on a car.

Have you seen this hood on an eclipse?
A part sitting on the floor can look totally different on the car. Hell some times just the color can make or break how things look. Not to metion if it's paired with the right bodykit ect. ect.

I would have not said anything to you if you would have just had some follow up .
For example:
You should check out this hood, link, it's lines are all wrong see how.....ect.
Thanks you

Interesting hood.

I would be very concerned about a hood like that which doesn't have pics of being on the car. I have heard of the company once. They used to have a fiberglass version of the G Speed hood that I have on ebay. The reviews I found on ebay were people saying that their hoods had terrible fitment issues.

I suggest that you stay with companies like VIS that don't usually have fitment issues. I didn't have any fitment issues with mine and it is a VIS. Carbon Creations has a hood called Vader, that looks somewhat similar, has one vent in the middle and there are 2 threads on here with pics.

Just my 2c. Good luck with your purchase, if you decide to buy it.

Yeah I have not seen a review on ebay for this one. Reviews on other hoods from this are generally ok with a few complaints.

There are several the hood I'm looking at. I thought this one was interesting .
Just want to see what is known about it.
Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back