1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Evo FMIC Setup

Posted by Boost_Addict_88, Jul 20, 2011

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Boost_Addict_88

Boost_Addict_88 Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2008
    Brazil, BC, Canada
    I've searched around, but cannot seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Basically, will a Evo X FMIC core work in a 1G?

What are the differences between the Evo 8/9 FMIC and the Evo X FMIC (how much power can it hold, dimensions)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

Edit: Turbo setup will be an Evo III 16G ported.

2. TurboATM

TurboATM Proven Member

Joined Aug 17, 2006
    Jacksonville, North Carolina
    The Evo 8/9 fmic's will work,but have quite a bit of fab work needed on the piping...they both have the inlet/outlet facing downward on the sides.

The EvoX intercooler is a different story. it looks to be a bit bigger, and the outlet side is mounted on the top of the core...i dont see it working on a DSM.

743  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi
    14.390 @ 96.860 · 2G DSM
  3. Boost_Addict_88

Boost_Addict_88 Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2008
    Brazil, BC, Canada
    I've read 2 different efficiencies on the Evo 8/9 FMIC (350 and 380hp). The max power I'm looking at is 380 on the Evo III 16G, since I'm more into canyon running then straights. Would that core (Evo 8/9), be efficient enough to see 380 per say?

4. DSMunknown

DSMunknown Proven Member

Joined Sep 16, 2004
    Worcester, Massachusetts
  5. williillii

williillii Proven Member

Joined Jan 31, 2008
    Tampa, Florida
    I wouldnt waste my time. It will start to heat soak at the top of 4th gear at that power level..