The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo FMIC Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boost_Addict_88

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2008
Brazil, BC_Canada
I've searched around, but cannot seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Basically, will a Evo X FMIC core work in a 1G?

What are the differences between the Evo 8/9 FMIC and the Evo X FMIC (how much power can it hold, dimensions)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

Edit: Turbo setup will be an Evo III 16G ported.

The Evo 8/9 fmic's will work,but have quite a bit of fab work needed on the piping...they both have the inlet/outlet facing downward on the sides.

The EvoX intercooler is a different story. it looks to be a bit bigger, and the outlet side is mounted on the top of the core...i dont see it working on a DSM.

The Evo 8/9 fmic's will work,but have quite a bit of fab work needed on the piping...they both have the inlet/outlet facing downward on the sides.

The EvoX intercooler is a different story. it looks to be a bit bigger, and the outlet side is mounted on the top of the core...i dont see it working on a DSM.

I've read 2 different efficiencies on the Evo 8/9 FMIC (350 and 380hp). The max power I'm looking at is 380 on the Evo III 16G, since I'm more into canyon running then straights. Would that core (Evo 8/9), be efficient enough to see 380 per say?

I wouldnt waste my time. It will start to heat soak at the top of 4th gear at that power level..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back