The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Evo 9 ofh fittings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrimerPLus

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2011
Tokyo, Asia
I have my evo 9 ofh installed.
What fittings do I need to fit in these spoys so I can run my dummy light switch and my aem oil pressure sensor.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382727849981.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382727849981.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382727875740.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382727875740.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 99
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382727908628.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382727908628.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 104
Believe it or not those ports will be BSPT (British Standard Pipe Taper). There are no NPT ports on a Mitsu part. The small port will be 1/8 BSPT and the bigger one will be 3/8 BSPT. However, having said all this, NPT will work because they're so close. I just thought I should point out for anyone who refers to this thread in the future, what the actual ports are.

One of them will screw right in to the evo ix no problem. The other one we just used a reducer from the larger port on the evo OFH down to the size of the sensor. I can't remember the sizes but we found a decent reducer at ace hardware in the plumbing section so it must be common. We just took a bolt that threaded in to the OFH and the sensor with us so we knew what size.

No they did not have a fitting at lowes or home depot. I will have to order online

This is what I will be ordering to run my AEM oil pressure gauge, stock oil pressure gauge, and Dummy Light.

using this thread on dsmtuners by 9!'clipseDOHC
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/359004-using-t-install-oil-pressure-gauge.html
1/8 BSPT male to 1/8 NPT female adapter (I used Autometer part# 2269)
1/8 NPT male straight coupler (I used Earl's part# 991101ERL)
1/8 NPT female T (I used Earl's part #991701ERL)
6' of 1/8" copper tubing (I used Autometer part# 3224)
Thread sealer (I used Permatex Blue)

Lancer EVO 1/8" NPT Oil Pressure Adaptor
Lancer EVO 1/8" NPT Oil Pressure Adaptor

You might be right haha.
But I wanted to run 3 gauges and this will do the trick.
That evo fitting was impossible to find from 3/8 bsp to 1/8 npt but found that one and was relieved.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back