The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Engine Rebuild?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie Houston

Probationary Member
Feb 2, 2013
Houston, North_Carolina
I recently aquied a 99 GS that was converted to turbo. It has 74,000 miles on it and is in EMMACULATE condition the guy had it converted and drove it for a whlie then he took it to have exhaust manifold gasket changed and he says it all of a sudden had oil coming out of the air intake filter and the dipstick was sticking out of the tube i paid 1000 bucks for the car it is LOADED air bags stereo system custom black and red leather interior its a really nice car but im not the "Internal Motor" type of mechanic what should i start with trying to resolve this? i think this is the link to my facebook pics have a look and tell me what you think please http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/johnnie.houston.73/photos_stream

The engine is probably fine, but there were no pics of the car in that link, and I need more details on the setup, did he do the conversion himself or did a shop? It sounds to me like it doesn't have the correct setup for positive crankcase ventilation, and oil found its way into places it doesn't belong as a result, would also be the cause of the dipstick popping out.

I recommend you read through this:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/366890-4g63t-pcv-system.html
And make sure that you have adequate pressure relief for the crankcase.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back