The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Electric Blue Time Machine - '91 Laser

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digging part way into a RH door today in order to run the power window up, and this presented the opportunity to start a new "parts card", so I thought I'd share the concept. It allows me to keep track of most bolts and screws that I remove from something, in order, in one place, in an un-spillable way. Keep multiple cards together in one box, and you won't go grovelling through that coffee can again, and you won't have parts left over when you are done.

Basically it's an 8.5" x11" chunk of corrugated PLASTIC, corrugations running vertically. Tape a (folded) sheet of paper to the right side, and as you take things apart, punch a hole and make a note about where each screw came from, especially the twisty details that you'll want to remember later. Screws make their own holes. For bolts make a starter hole with a #1 or #2 phillips screwdriver. When reassembling the thing, you just work your way up from the bottom.

This is a technique I learned while doing repair work on laptops. Works particularly well with online resources like iFixIt.com. ("How to replace the logic board on a 12" PowerBook in FIFTY easy steps! Yeah, right! ROFL ) The corrugated plastic is used for a lot of short-term advertising stuff, particularly at the gas station.

build_log_parts_card.jpeg

Last edited:
Have you done a clutch pedal lever replacement yet? You haven't lived until you've done so! You'll understand why people don't do it.

Today I need ADVICE, and NOT THIS MUFFLER.

A while back I got this 1G AWD muffler, thinking I might be able to hack it up and change the bracket geometry to fit my 1G FWD Laser. The more I look at it, the more I think I shouldn't do that: it belongs on someone else's AWD car. You racing folks don't want it, but some poor slob trying to do a restoration does. I -do- have the front hanger bracket for this one, and the two rubber donut things

SO: ADVICE? Should I resume the search for a 1G FWD muffler, or at least some measurements from the one you maybe have on a shelf, or rusting in a a shed? Or should I go ahead and hack the crap out of this one? Any advice deeply appreciated. I'm just frustrated.
30_awd_muffler0.jpeg
30_awd_muffler1.jpeg
.30_awd_muffler3.jpeg30_awd_muffler4.jpeg30_awd_muffler5.jpeg

How quickly do you need it? I’ve got one I won’t be using again but not exactly sure when I’ll be heading to the storage building to get it.

How quickly do you need it? I’ve got one I won’t be using again but not exactly sure when I’ll be heading to the storage building to get it.
A month? As long as it takes? :) Seriously, getting a REAL one in hand would be tremendously helpful. I already have a used cat and a damaged J-pipe, so I can keep myself occupied reconstructing the front end of the exhaust until that Happy Day arrives.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back