1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

DSM tuners in 845 (ulster/orange/sullivan) or near

Posted by fox45volcom, Jan 21, 2009

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. fox45volcom

fox45volcom Proven Member

Joined Dec 13, 2008
    orange county, New York
    Im trying to find people around the 845 area who own dsms, maybe get a club started or something..

also wondering if anyone knows about any DSM shops in the area

2. Kryger

Kryger Probationary Member

Joined Feb 10, 2008
    Newburgh, New York
    I'm an 845er, but am in PA for school. DSM population is kind of falling off. There is a great mechanic in washightonville (rt. 94 & 208). He was a tech @ healey bros. for years and the only 1 in that area I let touch my car. PM me if you want his #.

3. fox45volcom

Joined Dec 13, 2008
    orange county, New York
    yea i hear ya...

i live up by middletown and i see a ton of dsms but never get a chance to talk to anyone

4. Kryger

Joined Feb 10, 2008
    Newburgh, New York
    have you checked out Friday nights at old orangecounty plaza or whatever that place is on 211? Also Friday nights in poughkipski (sp) Dunkin Donuts on rt9?
    probably have to wait till it gets warmer.
    Also Spring Valley is a big deal.

5. fox45volcom

Joined Dec 13, 2008
    orange county, New York
    on yea the middletown carshow
    me and my boys roll in with like 30 cars LOL
    right in front of collandreas pizzeria and bradleys that closed

ive seen that get pretty big, they get lambos, supras, the evo team goes there sometimes with over 50 evos

see a couple DSMs but not too many

6. Kryger

Joined Feb 10, 2008
    Newburgh, New York
    collandreas pizzeria = better cheese steaks than Philly (I go to school in Philly)

Try rt9 across the river Fri-night also
    Next time I'm in the area, I'll give you a shout. Do you know "sammy's pizza?" It yoused to be my brother-in-laws, Peligrino's.

7. seamus7

seamus7 Proven Member

Joined Jun 29, 2007
    InFrontOfU, New York
    i live in beacon/ fishkill and have a 99 gsx. there are alot of dsm's out hear you just have to talk to the right guys. there are alot in middletown and in wappingers. in fact there is a club in middletown strictly for dsm's im in it.

8. seamus7

seamus7 Proven Member

Joined Jun 29, 2007
    InFrontOfU, New York
    the 2 most popular dsm spots are "caldors parking lot on 211 in middletown thats where the club chill's just ask for dsmchris or eagletalonjon, or rt.9 in wappingers, at "dunkin". where out there. its just hard now because it too cold too chill out side! anyone down for a meet?

9. fox45volcom

Joined Dec 13, 2008
    orange county, New York
    sweet

i go to 211 all the time when its around...

i see i black eclipse with no spoiler...sh**s crazy i think i know your cars...u guys chill over on the side of the parking lot close to the pizza place right??

info on that dsm car club in mtown?? i live 10 mins away from there in pine bush

edit:
    im down for a meet if we could get a few ppl together that would be sweet

10. killerclown1984

killerclown1984 Probationary Member

Joined Sep 13, 2008
    greenfield park, New York
    I live in ellenville ill join the club. let me know when you want to meet up

156  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  11. Kryger

Joined Feb 10, 2008
    Newburgh, New York
    On 52 Pinebush towards Ellenville, near Weed rd. there is a kid, Les, w/ a red '90 or '91 TEL that is pretty heavily modded.

12. fox45volcom

Joined Dec 13, 2008
    orange county, New York
    u know him personally? i could walk to weed rd

13. Kryger

Joined Feb 10, 2008
    Newburgh, New York
    I met him a couple times, more like a friend of a friend. You should be able to see his cars from 52, if he still lives there.

14. fox45volcom

Joined Dec 13, 2008
    orange county, New York
    hm alright ive never seen them but ill check it out

15. 93blacktsi

93blacktsi Proven Member

Joined Mar 2, 2009
    chambersbrug, Pennsylvania
    tons of dms in midlletown i know a lot of them 211 is fun till the cops show up.LOL

16. MunkyX69

MunkyX69 Probationary Member

Joined Nov 20, 2008
    da burgh, New York
    Are people starting to go to middletown yet, or is it still to cold? I'm down for a dsm car club. Hopefuly my talon awd will be on the road sometime in april. Still installing parts, and soon to be tuning.

Also, there's a lot of cars meeting up at walmart in newburgh (saturday nights, and throughout the week). Mostly honda's unfortunetly. I'd love for some of us dsm-ers to roll through.

MunkyX69

172  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  17. red95eclipsee

red95eclipsee Probationary Member

Joined Jan 12, 2009
    Tuxedo, New York
    i live in tuxedo in orange county. and i would join the a dsm club your talking about. isee some down here but nobody really meets i dont think anyway

175  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    automatic · 2G DSM
  18. dmc

dmc Proven Member

Joined Mar 12, 2006
    bronx, New York
    Yep im another dsm head that lives in Middletown. I drive the white talon that use to say 4g63 on the sides. Now it has the complete 2gb conversion and all white paint job. Im currently working on a drag car, which in a few weeks will be complete, I'll post a few pics. The white car will be 4 sale as a shell as soon as the drag car is finnished, lmk if anyone is intrested in her!
    The car shows are up an running, well depending on weather ofcourse, and once the weather gets good, it gets busy, and should have a few nice dsms there, some 500hp plus!

Attached Files:

1K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    12.010 @ 117.000 · 2G DSM
  19. MunkyX69

MunkyX69 Probationary Member

Joined Nov 20, 2008
    da burgh, New York
    Any one in the area willing to help with my project? I've got a few more things to do to get my car on the road, but i'm new to the whole DSM world. I could use some help installing a wideband into the computer so I can log it with ecmlink, and help with tuning with ecmlink. PM me if you would be willing to help.

MunkyX69

172  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  20. kevindaredneck

kevindaredneck Probationary Member

Joined Aug 14, 2009
    glen spey, New York
    Hey im an 845er... im up in Glen Spey... There arnt many of us dsm tuners around here. Port Jervis has a few guys. PA has a couple of serious dsm guys. Friday nights in middletown would probably be the best place to meet more dsm guys around.

21. laser92DSM

laser92DSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2006
    Wappinger Falls, New York
    Just asking maybe we can get a couple more Dsmers to go to dunkin on rt 9 this spring/summer because im going to be one of the few ones there once i get my car done and on the road.

22. erics93talon

erics93talon Proven Member

Joined Jan 23, 2010
    Lochsheldrake, New York
    Mark me down, i'm in sullivan county.

I have an all stock 93 tsi, But hey it's still a dsm!

I've been down to Middletown by the old mall.

But never really see any dsms.
    Theres a kid who lives realy close to me with a sick 91 talon.

erics93talon

264  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  23. DSMU

DSMU Probationary Member

Joined Feb 25, 2010
    poughkeepsie, New York
    hey i live around here in LaGrangeville im down for the meet i just got a eclipse a mouth ago so im new to DSM

24. dsmdoode

dsmdoode Probationary Member

Joined Sep 15, 2009
    wappingers fall, New York
    Anyone going to that ridley park meet? I wanted to try to get anyone around thats wants to make the trip and get a couple of us to cruise up for the three and half hour ride (according to mapquest of course).

140  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 1G DSM
  25. latintuch112

latintuch112 Probationary Member

Joined Jun 5, 2009
    Modena, New York
    Hey wats up guys I'm in Modena...Originally from New Windsor/Newburgh area....anyone have a 2.0 none turbo trany for my first gen that they would want to sell me...it's a 91...

214  0

1991 Plymouth Laser N/T
    manual · 1G DSM