The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

dsm doesnt like to start on e85

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Hi there,
I have always had issues with my built 2g starting ever since i switched to e85.

I have to crank the engine over 2 or 3 times before 1 cylinder fires. I then have to crank it for a few more seconds to get a few more cylinders to fire, then it dies. One more crank starts the engine, but it runs for maybe 15 seconds, then dies.

repeat step three 2 or 3 times, and then it stays running. What could i do to make starting this thing easier??? im thinking about driving the are this winter, but its up in the air right now.. i can possibly post a video up later if needed.

Thanks

I had same problem and I used Oem plugs (hotter) and starts right up . What plugs you runing ??

I have a friend that is in the process of building his own ehthanol refining station, but by no means is he an expert on ethanol. He told me that some people use an injection system to inject gas or something during cranking to help get it started in the colder months. I haven't looked into it at all though, I just nodded and told him that it makes sense.

I too had issues with e85(measured e70) starting in the winter, it took a few seconds to start, but as long as my battery was strong it would eventually start. As soon as I got it started though, there were no issues keeping it idling.

I had same problem and I used Oem plugs (hotter) and starts right up . What plugs you runing ??

Im running NGK bpr7es plugs. gaped to .024. when im home next, ill see if i can figure out how to adjust the fuel tables.

Ill have to get in contact with you in the spring. I decided to keep her in the garage for the winter while i switch to SD, and get a few other things dialed in.. also need to wait for e70 to become e85 again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back