The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

crower cams or fp2's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnypimp

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2003
Miami, Florida
i have some extra money coming next month, let me know which one and why.

Cant really say cause i havent experienced both, but buddy has fp2's and they pull very very nicely.

Our black car had Fp2s on them, you could tell a difference between them and the old Hks 272s they replaced. A few weeks back we went to FP and had there FP3s installed along with there custom valve train. There was a huge difference there (FP2s vs FP3s at the same boost settings ) I plan on taking the red car back down there for there FP3s also.

I thought fp3s were designed for 2.3 and 2.4 liters.

Bus, If you had a set of 272s and fp2s to choose from, which set would you pick?

olmytsi said:
I thought fp3s were designed for 2.3 and 2.4 liters. If you had a set of 272s and fp2s to choose from, which set would you pick?
Get the fp3's ;) FP says they are idling same as the FP2's

What are your goals with the car?? There are many cams that will work well. I have the Crowers but have heard nothing but awesome reviews on all the FP cams. I assume you are going for a straight up drop in correct? If so, then the FP2 will probably be your best bet with the turbo you have. You don't want to go too big and loose some of that low end the EVOIII16G gives you.... Just make sure you get the right cam set for your goals/setup. :thumb:

Mackzero said:
What are your goals with the car?? There are many cams that will work well. I have the Crowers but have heard nothing but awesome reviews on all the FP cams. I assume you are going for a straight up drop in correct? If so, then the FP2 will probably be your best bet with the turbo you have. You don't want to go too big and loose some of that low end the EVOIII16G gives you.... Just make sure you get the right cam set for your goals/setup. :thumb:

well i'm thinking about getting a bullseye h3 and magnus intake manifold soon. i'm looking for something that i won't have to swap the valve springs, valves, etc. plus i'm not trying to spend a whole lot on the talon, because i'm doing the colt 4g63 swap.

Your money is better spent on things other than the intake manifold. FP2s should do the trick in your case, I believe they are fine with the stock springs.

If I were you, I would get some 660 injectors, an adj. FPR, and DSMLink. That would make the car a better driver, and give you all the fuel for future upgrades. :thumb:

Well the black car is a 2.4 and the red car is a 2.3. I think the FP3s will work on all setups, but they are based on new tech instead of the old HKS 272s, but you are right they are aimed at the air flow of the strokers. They will work on well setup 2.0s tho. Sure the HKS's made power (hell I made 653 whp hp standard with my set, yes I do have a dyno chart of that). We have bigger goals now days. When these cams were out 20gs were a "race only turbo". I would pick the FP2s over HKS's anything. For the price you cant beat them, they idle good, and make good power. As soon as Robert gets more free time and we get the red car down there I will post up how that went. If you want more info on the black (Jeff Sextons car) or my red car, go to www.SwordfishGSX.8m.com

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back