The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Coolant tube(s) Fiasco

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noluck

Probationary Member
Feb 1, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Is there anyone on this or another planet that can tell me what in the world is those freakin stupid water pipes that run along the head, between the head and the exhaust manifold? What glue sniffing idiot thought up of this magic? Does anyone have a remendey for this crap? All help is much appreciated and critisium is ok if it is constructed. Thank you,

Best Boosting!

Is there anyone on this or another planet that can tell me what in the world is those freakin stupid water pipes that run along the head, between the head and the exhaust manifold? What glue sniffing idiot thought up of this magic? Does anyone have a remendey for this crap? All help is much appreciated and critisium is ok if it is constructed. Thank you,

Best Boosting!

Only thing between the head and exhaust manifold should be a gasket. It you are talking about the 1.5-2" pipe that runs between the block and turbo, that is the water inlet pipe for the water pump. No real replacement for it unless you plan to spen a pretty penny. If you are talking about the coolant lines that are attached to the turbo, they are there to cool the turbo. They can be removed but I dont suggest it with a water cooled turbo.

looks like we have a problem of communacation at hand. First there is one big pipe against the block. I am not talking about that. Then there are three pipes fron the thermostat hosing that runs along the block, sandwiched between the block and exhaust manifold. There is one pipe that keeps failing on me. Should I buy anew one and then ceramic coat it?:dsm:

Yea, you are talking about the one curvy tube that goes to the oil cooler?

Its a bi*** to replace. I bought one from a dealer and it worked fine.

I had to take off the intake and bend the shit out of the old one to pull it out.

Then I took the new tube and bent it similar to how the old tube was after I bent it to hell.

I did this without crimping the tube of course.

After it looked fairly similar, I managed to slide it in and bend it to where it should be.

That's how I did it. Otherwise, you could just simly take the whole exhaust system down off the engine. LOL your choice.

Good luck. :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back