The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

component help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasteclispe

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 12, 2004
queens, New_York
ok guys i bought a whole new system for my car but i have a prob. i have these components in front. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32818&item=5754861835&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW . but for some reason they sound way softer than the rest of stuff in my car. can anyone tell me what i can do to fix this. if not what is a good component set i can buy for under $120 ? i already spend more than 1000 on this system so dont have 2 much more money. the rest of my system is audiobahn 6x9's in the back, audiobahn 1100 watts rms subs, pioneer hu, and a lanzer amp that powers the subs. everything works fine except the front components.

your H/U may have an adjustment for the front speaker level, and that may be turned down. some of the higher end Pioneers have independant level controls for front & rear & sub if i'm not mistaken (I know the Alpines do, and some Kenwoods too)

check that in your owners manual, otherwise try amping your front components.

all speaker levle's r set the same. but i didnt put the HU on. the owner before me did. so they had all 6 speakers connected. 2 in dash,2 in door, 2 in back.....i used the wire from the speaker in the door to connect my components. and i didnt want the ones in the dash hooked up, so i just cut the wire from that one and taped it up. could that be the reason the front speakers sound so low? do i need to connect the wire that was connected to the dash speakers anywhere?

having those free wired connected to the head unit is not a gigantic issue assuming all the idiot who hooked that up did was split a channel to 2 speakers. Its deffinitely not good, however. Secondly. I can't view those speakers because I"m at work and ebay is filtered but there's not many component speakers that will work well with a basic head unit. What speaker model # and headunit model #. Most likely you're going to need to amp them. Also, do you know how to properly set up the crossover network?

I have a set of infinity components. You can get them from ebay for fairly cheap. best sounding speakers I ahve had.

i love my old Infinity Kappas, they ARE nice sounding. they'd keep up with my Alpines nicely. and i have a TON of Kappa stuff in my basement, waiting to go in the GF car someday.

sorry to get off topic, just reminded me of my kappas and made me :)

as for your speaker problem... did you check to see that the phase is proper? that shouldn't make a difference volume-wise, but check it out anyways. that sometimes has a lot to do with midbass performance

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back