The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Clutch or CrankwalkÉ

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavyD

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2003
Calgary, Alberta_Canada
Out of the blue while driving to work today, my clutch pedal stuck to the floor!! I stuck my foot under and it popped back up. For the entire drive the clutch pedal would come up half way then pop up like the pedal was binding or something. On the drive home it was like everything was normal. I have no leaks under the car.

My car only has 55K on it and the engine runs perfect so I have a hard time believing it could be crankwalk. Could it be air in the hydraulics or a bad master or slave cylinder? If anyone is familiar with this predicament, please let me know what you found.

ugh I'm starting to hate DSMs...I just got mine 4 months ago. Mine just did this also, my hydraulic fluid was gone though, check if your resovoir still has fluid in it, the cap has a black o-ring in it so don't mistake that for the fluid line.

i just recently had the same problem that your having in my Talon TSI with about 58,000 miles on it. Out of nowhere when i was driving the pedal would come up half way then kinda freeze and pop up the rest of the way. Then it was starting to slip when i would hit the gas and start building boost. Then it would just start to slip if i hit the pedal. i checked my fluids and everything else like people said, and in the end it was the actual clutch itself. I just had my Centerforce DF HD ballbearing clutch installed, and the problem has gone away completely, i looked at my stock clutch and it was just toasted. i got about 200 miles on the clutch, and i can say that having my stock one go out on me was the best thing ever, i love my new one. Check out my mods and you can see that i have just about every bolt on, and i guess the stocker couldn't handle it. Hope that helps

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back