The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Catch can?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaiddurazoo

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2011
Tucson, Arizona
Hey guys I know I post a lot, I have one catch can.
Do you guys suggest I hook it up to the breather on the side of the valve cover or to the pcv. Eventually I'll do both but for right now which is in more need?

I don't have a breather on mine but than again I don't catch anything anyways. It kinda makes me nervous but ya.....

I don't know what type of CC you have but a vaccum tight one can be made from a water catch from a air compression as long as it's gutted and assembled correctly, I ran one on my srt-4 and It seemed like it pulled just a bit harder and kept boost long idk if I had a boost leak that bad or if it was that good but it was definitely wOrth the 15$ at lowes

I'll pull both the pcv off and the breather line to the air intake and see which one is more flooded with oil..

It will most likely be the PCV valve that has the more oil.. But the oil can get into the turbo easier from the air intake unless I'm mistaken

What helped me a Ton, idk how well it applies to a dsm but with my srt valve cover the 2.4 valve cover has a cheap plastic connector that goes to some vacuum port I can't remember now.. And I broke it accidentally so I took my valve cover off an took it into advance with me to find a match, sure enough I got a brass piece and used Teflon tape to seal it.. Not only did it look better than the cheapo plastic piece but sine it was brass I tourqed it real hard onto the valve cover, turned out I had a boost leak there and it fixed it at te valve cover

If you only run one can, put it between the VC and turbo inlet.

If your PCV can catches more oil than a VC vent can, it's probably because either the VC vent can is just letting most of the blowby go right through it and into your intake track, or your PCV valve is bad... (or you never/rarely boost, which would be odd for a DSM owner LOL.

This article will answer that and most other related questions: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/366890-4g63t-pcv-system.html

Thanks for all the great advice guys, I ended up leaving the pcv alone for now and connecting it from the vc to the air intake which does lead right to the turbo. We all know how precious the turbo is. I'm gonna get some sleep. Monster overflow can tomorrow. Make some space in my engine bay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back