The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

CAS testing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beezle

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2004
Long Island, New_York
I'm trying to test my cas and I read a way to test to see if your injectors are opening and you have spark is to unbolt the cas and move it by hand. Then I read somewhere else that you're supposed to take it out of the head and then spin the part that was in the engine with your hand?

The problem is all I did was loosen that bolts on the cas and moved it left and right while it was still in the engine. Could I have messed something up? Also, how would I know if the injectors are firing? I have the fuel rail out but everything still connected. Will I be able to see if they're opening or would I just hear them? Thanks guys.

By loosening the CAS and swooping it left to right you are basically changing the ignition timing.

Here is the proper way to set it back up.

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/timin.htm

To see if the CAS is good you want to pull it out of the head and spin the rotating assembly with the key in the on posistion. You will hear the injectors clicking.

Do the CAS test and then reset your base ignition timing to 5* btdc. Via the Ignition tiimng procedure.

By loosening the CAS and swooping it left to right you are basically changing the ignition timing.

Here is the proper way to set it back up.

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/timin.htm

To see if the CAS is good you want to pull it out of the head and spin the rotating assembly with the key in the on posistion. You will hear the injectors clicking.

Do the CAS test and then reset your base ignition timing to 5* btdc. Via the Ignition tiimng procedure.

I just tested it again. When I spin the little gear at the end of the cas it sounds like fuel is getting pumped to the rail but I don't think the injectors are doing anything. I have spark though. Is it possible I have a bad cas? Also someone told me to test power to the injectors and also to the resistor pack on the firewall. Any other ideas?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back