The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Can't get into any gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattp_65

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2004
Granite Falls, Washington
Can some one please look at my pics off my clutch to see if there is anything wrong? Also if it is still useable?
Mileage on clutch (ACT 2600) had about maybe 15,000-20,000 miles with about two dozen track launches in about 6 years. Flywheel has been resurfaced to proper step and has about 2,000 miles.
Trying to determine why it is hard for me to shift in any gear. Yes I did adjust the clutch pedal to proper spec per jacks video. Also replaced both clutch and master cylinder before dropping the trans.
The best way I could shift somewhat was adjust clutch pedal far out of spec with about a couple threads left on the rod and even with that I had clutch dragging at about 3-4k rpm.
Any help is appreciated. Thinking about getting a South bend clutch.
Thanks

Pics:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dri...-gears-pulled-transmission.html#post153418787

The clutch disc looks a little worn, but definitely usable. The more worn the disc is, the easier to disengage it will be so that isn't your problem. What brand is the clutch master that you bought?

That could be your problem. Some aftermarket masters have a piston that is too short which doesn't transfer enough fluid to the slave. If you still have to old one i would either rebuild it with an oem rebuild kit, or buy an oem or better quality one from rockauto.com

That clutch is worn but not quite done. You are not fully dis-engaging your clutch. How is the tob fork? Is it bent? try bleeding the system and adjusting the pedal to see if you can get it to dis-engage.

Get a Nabco clutch master cylinder. I would still definitely swap out the clutch and pressure plate as well too. Also, have you checked for play on the input shaft of the tranny? Do you see the slave cylinder move when you bled it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back