The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Built from the ground up info needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWHTanK

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Odessa, Missouri
Well here it goes. Building a 2g eclipse srt4 conversion. And at times I get peed off and start thinking about other mods so as to keep me busy with out me blowing my own head gasket. After doing some research, i have bought the following. 95 talon tsi fwd rear brake setup. 3000 gt front brake set up. My gs has no rear sway bar and the suspension stuff has seen better days. I was thinking about going 3g rear arms. Rear sway bar havent decided on along with the front size. The struts seam to throw me off. I want a lowerd car but dont want to blow my struts so i havent decided. Wheel size 17 inch. Urathane bushings. Innner and outer tie rods. Rebuilding the stearing rack. Oh forgot SS brake lines.

So 3g arms worth it?
Springs struts or coil over? Wanting a half inch clearance. Tire to wheel well.
Sway bar diam front and back?

just so u know Im not going for a cadilac ride. I would like a ballenced car for steet strip and and maybe a cross. But I am on a extrem budget till the car is road worthy. Then I can uppgade to better stuff as needed.

Meh I run 3g arms, upper and lower. I like the upper better than the lower. The lower, you have to get creative with the sway bar and sway bar links if you're using stock based bar. My setup puts a little tension between the arm and the bar. Need to find adjustable links.

What I have found on the 3g swap is to use 3G type sway bar and end links. If using the 3G sway bar brackets, that you have to oval out the holes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back