The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

bNatsy... Another Clutch problem thread :( South Bend

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
Hey everyone i have yet another trans/clutch/ idk what else issue. So I just recently replaced my clutch with south bend ssx. I checked everything in the install and my problem still persists. I can shift into gear while the car is on which leads me to believe the clutch is not completely disengaging. I have bled re bled, and bled the system. The pedal feels fine like its getting enough pressure. During my install I cleaned and inspected the pivot ball as well as the fork. The pivot ball is correctly shimmed. Ive adjusted the clutch to both extremes and still nothing. The master cylinder seems to be an aftermarket one, it does not look the same as the OEM one that is in my GS-T. Which leads me to believe that the adjustment might not be the same? Im really stumped here. The fingers on the pressure plate are at the correct angles based off the printout that was provided from south bend. Its a brand new clutch and im tired of taking this trans out.

How old is the flywheel/did you have it resurfaced?

I dealt with this crap for a looong time and pulled my trans 5 times in 8 months trying to figure it out, after replacing everything I finally learned it was the flywheel all along, and I had only had it resurfaced once.

I'd say Flywheel step, If it's not the Master Cylinder a lot of the one out there are Crap OEM is the only that work right... Also do you have any play in the Clutch pedal Assembly?

Do you trust the Machinist or there equipment resurfaced it? And did you see the step height measured your self? Also what kind of Flywheel is it? or was it new? an you said SS-x PP but what Disc are you running?

I'd say Flywheel step, If it's not the Master Cylinder a lot of the one out there are Crap OEM is the only that work right... Also do you have any play in the Clutch pedal Assembly?

Do you trust the Machinist or there equipment resurfaced it? And did you see the step height measured your self? Also what kind of Flywheel is it? or was it new? an you said SS-x PP but what Disc are you running?

Ive been suspecting that its that as well. I do trust the machinist, he has done multiple flywheels of mine. The flywheel may have been resurfaced twice, but he wouldnt have done it if it was not in spec.

TZ/FE disk btw

I had same problem and it was my pedal assembly warn badly, not sure if it happens on the 2gs though.

Try swapping the master cylinder out of your gst and adjust it to this YouTube - Proper Clutch Adjustment

Yea thats the plan for today. Its just weird that It would be the flywheel. Because this setup worked when I had my ACT 2600. The pedal was always low but it worked.

Update:

Talked to the machinist who did my flywheel, everything was correctly done and the step is the propper height.

Resolved the problem After I put the master cylinder in from my GS-t and properly adjusted it everything worked fine

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back