The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Bent condenser... or worse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskanDsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
I already did a search and checked VFAQ but didn't see anything to answer my question and I don't have my haynes manual at work to check.

I was installing my new radiator from Mishimoto and ran into a problem. When i went to put on the stablizing bracket on the top corners of the radiator, my right side (facing the car) went on without much effort. The left side was a pain. When i finally gave up to check and look to see why I couldn't get the bracket on, I noticed 1st that the left side was lower. I used my jack to jack up the car until I bent the support enough that it was level. I retried to place the bracket and noticed that the top of the radiator was hitting a bolt from the condenser. looking at the other side I noticed that the whole condenser was bent or whatever the condenser is mounted to is bent.

My question is, what is the condenser connected to. Supports? Frame? I need to know what it is going to take to bend everything back into place or replace so my radiator doesn't get a new hole rubbed into it and so I can drive it down to Phoenix from Alaska. Also, how well in detail does the Haynes manual get to remove the condenser? After the experience I had with my heater core... I feel like its not as trusty (as good of a source of information). Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back