The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Battle of the Imports - Sacramento Raceway - Sunday August 9th

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congratz on the carshow plaque Josh! That RX8 is looking very fast. :thumb:

Thanks Dave! Its odd being on the other side of the fence in the car show as well as on the track in stead of the strip. It was cool having drag teams come over and give me props on my car then go back to their cars, its nice to know I'm not disappointing my performer heads with the time attack build.

Looks like a bunch of the parts I had paid for months back will finally be coming to me by months end so I can start piecing the car back together slowly. I still have to drop the motor off but as much as I want to use Robs I really want to avoid dropping the motor off that far away.

I definitely wont have the 472 setup pieced together by the years end with my money split so many ways but I might be able to get Eddie to let me run his 18g when we put the 62-1 on just to get the bugs worked out of the auto setup and at least hit some 12s/11s I'll be calling you out to tune it. :p

Believe it or not, the mid-to-high 90-degree temperatures of California's Central Valley on August 9 at Sacramento Raceway Park were a lot more tolerable than the triple digits Battle of the Imports faced at its previous round in Texas. In Ennis, it felt like everything was melting, and racer performances reflected the challenges of ambient heat soak. At least in Sacto there was the peace of mind that the mercury was under 100 (for whatever that's worth).

The fourth event out of six in 2009 for the championship drew the usual Cali/West Coast set, with past-gen. notables like Lisa Kubo (Street Comp) and Bisi Ezerioha (Pro Stock) sharing the spotlight with contemporary heavyweights like Mike Michelson (Pro Stock) and Javier Loarca (Street Comp).

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Full Event Recap: 2009 Battle Of The Imports Sacramento

I competed in this event. I made it to the semis and had a wiring issuse cause a loss. It was nice to see the street tuner class full of mitsubishi product minus the two supras, other then that it was a good turn out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back