The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Ball bearing turbo (coolant lines)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzyjay

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2003
South_CarolinaUS
I just purchased a Ball bearing turbo and was trying to verify where to put the feed and return coolant lines. My car has not been stock for a long time so I don't remember.

Coolant feed line: Do I pull it from the Thermostat housing?

Coolant return line: do I connect it to the pipe that is leaving from the water pump going to the hose that goes in to the botton of the Radiator?

If any one has pics I will like that :cool:

Thanks for the quick response. Now to figure out the O2 housing

yes the gt35r is ball bearing water/ oil cooled so it requires the coolant lines

jazzyjay said:
Thanks for the quick response. Now to figure out the O2 housing

Your best bet is to have someone build a full downpipe. I was looking for an 02 housing for a while and for the price of a 3'' 4bolt housing i built a downpipe for less.

Good luck and what turbo did you pick?

I did a test fit to day and my O2 hosing off my 60-1 lines up just have to buy a 4 bolt flange with a v-band clamp(pretty easy to fine). I have the turbonetics version of the gt35r :thumb:

Very nice 35r is the way to go:thumb: From what i have figured out so far the 35 has a tipping point, anywhere below around 27psi feels good, but once you go over that its time to start holding on!!!

My timeslip is on 27psi and now i have a smim and have turned it up to 32psi (I think) i need to buy a differnt boost gauge now:p

oztofrdm How does your fuel look I notice we have almost the same mods. Are you still using the 720cc injectors :shhh:

Yup stock feed line, 720cc, 255 walbro, and a 43 base psi on the fpr. I am still running rich on 32psi and not getting knock. Sometimes you just shouldnt listen to the internet hype when it comes to mods because 720cc injectors are more than enough for mid 10s.

Oh and im tuning with an safc2

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back