The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

backfire!!!

Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliteracingghmi

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 22, 2003
Grand Haven, Michigan
I'm getting kinda pissed! My car is idling really high, but I wasn't too worried about that because of my emmisions setup. Well, that's fine but the backfiring is getting old! It'll do it while I'm idling and if I give a little gas, it stops. As I posted before, My A/F guage is all over the place and is really kinda worthless. I don't have a AFC but I'm starting to wonder if it's the only way to really know what's going on. PLEASE! Any help (by experienced dsm tuners) would be appreciated!:laser:

It says 440cc and in your wish list a SAFC so that leads me to believe your runing extremly rich at idle.

Also ACT doesn't make clutches in "STAGES" They make Heavy Duty (2100lbs) a Xtreme (2600lbs) and MaX Xtreme (2900). I think you have your clutch confused with clutch masters who gives their clutches staged names.

Yeah, my bad, I forgot to change that on my mod list. The clutch I have is the 2600 and about the rich idle, yeah what do you think? S_AFC?

Originally posted by Eliteracingghmi
have you checked my mod list?

have you pulled your head out of your ass?

Lission I was just trying to get you to say what you have done RECENTLY as in right before the problem started how the #### am i or anyone suposed to know which one of the things listed you have done recently or right before you started to have this problem.

Originally posted by DSMJim
If your running larger than stock injectors on your car with no fuel controller then yeah, it's gonna be runnin pig rich.

I just ordered a fuel controller so I'll see what that does.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back