The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

autostick

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was driving a friends spyder with an autostick it was nice because you can 'drive' it when the roads are open then just click it to auto when you hit traffic....I was just curiuos if the option was available.

I think somebody is developing(or has developed) a transmission for the DSM that is semi-sequential.

IPT's developed the Electro-matic manual controller. It's not an "autostick" but more of a push button shifting setup. Look into it. I know I am very interested in it.

Link

I have programmed a controller that allows me to push button shift the trans from the steering wheel. One button for upshifting and one for downshifting. Nothing new, there are others who had been doing it a couple of years before me. I have had this done for quite some time. In its current state it incorperates some failsafes and *should* have the capabilitys of decreasing the line pressure on the down shifts. Full line pressure shifting is pretty hardcore! I didn't get any testing done last year as I was driving a 3G FD RX7 TT. It was an extremely quick and fast car! It has been sold so I will be dusting off my DSM and hopefully get it out soon to finalize the project.

Brad

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=1306&cat=500

BMP Racing said:
I have programmed a controller that allows me to push button shift the trans from the steering wheel. One button for upshifting and one for downshifting. Nothing new, there are others who had been doing it a couple of years before me. I have had this done for quite some time. In its current state it incorperates some failsafes and *should* have the capabilitys of decreasing the line pressure on the down shifts. Full line pressure shifting is pretty hardcore! I didn't get any testing done last year as I was driving a 3G FD RX7 TT. It was an extremely quick and fast car! It has been sold so I will be dusting off my DSM and hopefully get it out soon to finalize the project.

Brad

Any chance that you would be willing to share the source code and project information with a fellow DSM'er? I am an electrical engineer and I was thinking this would be a great project. I would really like to take a look at your setup.

BMP Racing said:

Brad

Brad,
I am thinking of doing the same thing but still using a floor mounted shift arm. Would you be willing to sell a unit for my car?

Thanks,
Chris

I built this controller because I went stand alone and there were no provisions to control the trans with it. I have tested several configurations of controllers and *hope* this is the one. I have only logged about 50 miles of push button shifting on the current set up and would like to get more testing done on it before I sold any or shared information on it. I totally believe in a safe user friendly product!

Here are some of its features:
Push button shifting
One upshift button and one downshift button
Full line pressure upshifts
Line pressure controlled downshifts
Downshift failsafe. The downshifts are time delayed. The downshift button is held in and a half second later the shift is made. This prevents accidental multiple downshifts.
RPM and gear triggered TC lockup. The TC can be locked up in any gear or gears at any RPM. This is triggered by an RPM sensitive output from my AEM EMS.
AND A TON MORE!

If anyone is interested in this feel free to PM me and I will send updates directly to you as it unfold. Thanks!

Brad

BMP Racing

anoldsman said:
Brad,
I am thinking of doing the same thing but still using a floor mounted shift arm. Would you be willing to sell a unit for my car?

Thanks,
Chris

I am still using the gear shifter for P-R-N-D. All the controller does is control the forward shifting. Are you wanting to shift on command from the stock lever only?

Brad

Brad,
Will you be putting a product on the market any time soon?

Jake

BMP Racing said:
I am still using the gear shifter for P-R-N-D. All the controller does is control the forward shifting. Are you wanting to shift on command from the stock lever only?

Brad

Yes, I want to use the lever to change gears. But, this should be easy enough with a simple switch going to the controller. However, I have a 1G. Does your controller also work with the 1G or only the 2G?

Thanks,
Chris

I always thought the eagle talon had an auto shifter with 1-4 H pattern clutchless shifting(pretty much an auto trans gear selcter)

hey other electrical engineer it sounds pretty basic to me, he did some research on the signals, tapped in wrote some short code. used a few i/o's and delay function.

also were you that kid in college always trying to get my source code for the microcontroller labs

x camaro owner said:
hey other electrical engineer it sounds pretty basic to me, he did some research on the signals, tapped in wrote some short code. used a few i/o's and delay function.

also were you that kid in college always trying to get my source code for the microcontroller labs

No, I don't think that I have ever asked you for any microcontroller labs??? Anyway, I realize that communicating with the TCU is not that difficult. I have some info on the signals but I have not had the chance to analyze the communication lines between the ECU and the TCU to confirm this. I was really looking for somebody that has the communication protocol detailed out so that I don't have to get in there with a scope or logic analyzer and try to map the signals. Also, it's always nice when you don't have to "redesign the wheel". I just figured if somebody has already went through the initial process I could use this information an build off of it (saving me time and money).

I am sure the code is simple... I was also asking him so that I could complete a formal code review on his software. This would help eliminate any possible bugs before the testing phase and would help keep all of us DSM'ers safe and out on the road.

diamondude said:
I was driving a friends spyder with an autostick it was nice because you can 'drive' it when the roads are open then just click it to auto when you hit traffic....I was just curiuos if the option was available.

what syder ? you mean they got this for the 2g ?

It must have been a 3g. I test drove a 3 with tiptronic. No 2g, to my knowledge, had a tiptronic auto from the factory.

Jake

I can't get the thread to come up. The site might be down temporarily. 2G N/Ts have different trannies, and probably tranny computers also, than 2G Turbo cars.

Will this make a difference?

Jake

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back