The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved Autometer Airdrive gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronth777

Proven Member
Apr 12, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
Hello all, I'm looking into getting gauges for my gsx. I've looked at many options, and first decided on Glowshift just for the look of it. But then I've read on here that they aren't the most accurate so I decided against it. I've heard only good things about Autometer though, so I'll be going with them. They have a newer line of gauges called Airdrive, and wanted to see if anybody had any experience with them. Basically you plug the main unit into the OBDII port and it gathers data from the ECU, and then transmits that data to the gauges wirelessly via built-in wifi. So there would be no wiring involved, just simply plug and play.

I have a few concerns about them though. How accurate are the factory sensors such as coolant temperature and oil pressure? Most aftermarket gauges come with new sensors, but the Airdrive system utilizes the factory sensors. Also do you think lag would be an issue since it transmits the data wirelessly?

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the advice, I decided against it. Just wanted to make sure before I bought a different set of gauges since the airdrive is so easy to set up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back