The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Any recommendations for a new performance header?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stay away from Ebay manifolds. The manifold recommendation depends on your setup, are you stock currently? If so a ported 2G or Evo manifold would be your best upgrade unless you go to a bigger turbo..

I saw this one online and it caught my eye was wondering if anyone was rocking this obx or what everyone recommends. Looking for performance but also not looking to get a terrible sounding one either, THANKS!

https://m.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Manifold...268665&hash=item237622772b:g:TwcAAOSwVL1WEvqr
Condition isn't just about what a manifold looks like. Many of those eBay Parts look very nice. You need to consider how a weld is made and what the weld is made of. It is Well documented most if not all of the stuff on eBay is a poor quality. If you want a tubular manifold you will pay appropriately. If you are seeking better performance on a mildly prepared car you are better off with many of the OEM or good aftermarket cast manifolds such as Forced Performance.

Port a 2g manifold. Itll get you quite far

Let us know if we can get you taken care of with a high performance long lasting pipe manifold! We have TD05 (stock dsm flange) manifolds available in internal or external wastegate configurations.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Don't know how much homework you've done ... but a decent tubular manifold like the ones linked above are going to cost you around a 1K - give or take. If you're looking to spend less than that, even less than what you linked up on eBay and get some decent quality go with the FP pauleyman mentioned. Tons of a guys run it - it's been around forever and proven. The EVO III is a good choice too, but can be a little bit more difficult to come by these days.

No offense but I don't see a good reason to put a dsm flange on a tube manifold other than there is a customer that is willing to pay for that. I feel like the well informed wouldn't be interested. Sure there's some biggish aftermarket turbos with dsm flanges but you're really limited in hotside options without using an FP30 housing.

I have an FP cast manifold and it works great and has the benefit of not being a tube manifold. If you're going for looks or you're trying for 600hp + I say go for it.... but if you just want the performance and you're not trying to go nuts with the car I'd do what others are telling you to do and use an oem manifold or some other cast manifold of your choosing. If you want a reliable tube manfiold prepare to spend a lot more than that crap you are finding on ebay.

Thanks ArcherFab.... I wasn't meaning to make a jab at you. There are (and have been) quite a few good fabricators that have blessed our community with fantastic manifolds. Your quality looks exceptional and I wouldn't hesitate to use one of your products if I weren't already satisfied with what I have.

Thanks ArcherFab.... I wasn't meaning to make a jab at you. There are (and have been) quite a few good fabricators that have blessed our community with fantastic manifolds. Your quality looks exceptional and I wouldn't hesitate to use one of your products if I weren't already satisfied with what I have.
Were good! We sell all FP
Products too, so op can come to us if he needs a cast manifold as well, or even a new turbo to go with it:cool:

The people that have gone with the dsm flange manifold I offer were trying to get the most out of their FP turbos, which is only what we market them towards, the PTE bolt on housings are a joke for making good power. otherwise the same design in T3 or Vband is available.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back