The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

any help is good help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm on dubs

Probationary Member
Jan 17, 2005
new philadelphia, Ohio
Alright i have a 91 n/t talon....im new too this whole forum thing....but anyway. I replaced the air filter in it with a k&n filter. And i left the stock air box off as well.. and like 2 or 3 days later it started too hesitate when you just barly hit the gas. say just driving through town like 35 or something...it would jerk like it wanted too cut out. i made sure the mas was hooked up and it was. i was just wonder if anyone knew what the problem would be. i put the air box on and it ran fine and has ever since. i appreciate any help you guys could give me.

Is this most happen when the radiator fans turn on?

Our cars act weird once you install a air intake. You can buy or make a heat sheild, that solved my problem. Or maybe you need to readjust your idle speed..?

i did the same to mine and the problem ended up being a small rip in my intake. ducktape seemd to work fine till i had money for a new one

mine used to do that, until i ziptied it to the mas tightly, then voila, no more stuttering. hope this helps. worked for me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back