The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Anti Lock Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorbac23

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 6, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Whats up guys...

So far you guys are three for three..

I have a 97 GST Spyder..

My issue is my Anti Lock light is on (Not ABS, I do not have ABS) The light says Anti Lock

Ive changed all 4 rotors and brake pads and adjusted my hand brake.

Ive read that it could be the brake master cylinder float switch, But that switch causes the Red Brake Light to stay on.

Ive done alot of searching without any answers.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

I did buy the car used, and it doesent appear to have ever had ABS. I believe that for 2 reasons:
1. Who ever removed it (If they did) did an extremely good job. The bolt holes where the ABS module goes arent even scratched from it being removed. And if my ABS was removed would'nt I get an ABS light not a Anti-Lock light? The ABS light is a red light and the Antilock is a yellow light.

2. My actual ABS light never comes on when I first turn on the car (The ECU self check)

As for a cluster swap, It possible but isnt all 2G eclipse clusters identical?

Any other ideas.

thanks for responding...

There are 2 seperate lights on your dash. A red ABS light and a yellow Anti-Lock light.

I can see my ABS light (It doesent light up but I can see it)

From a lot of what I've read, al ot of people do not know they have a Anti Lock light (I wish I didnt). I can take a pic if needed.

Just dont understand why its on.

Thanks brother..

My 97 has ABS and has a large module with multiple hard lines coming off of it right behind my driverside headlight in the inner fender. If the car did come with it there would be a large hole behind your headlight if the ABS was removed. If it didnt come with it then there would be no hole there and it would just be a flat paint matched section. Now my anti lock light came on due to bad speed sensors by one of the wheels. I just took the bulb out of the cluster and left it at that. My brake work fine, now i dont have computer assisted brakes which i never liked anyways.

There are 2 seperate lights on your dash. A red ABS light and a yellow Anti-Lock light.

I can see my ABS light (It doesent light up but I can see it)

From a lot of what I've read, al ot of people do not know they have a Anti Lock light (I wish I didnt). I can take a pic if needed.

Just dont understand why its on.

Thanks brother..
Hello Razorbac23, I was wondering if you ever found out what was going on with that yellow Anti lock light? I have a 1997 Gst spyder and the light comes on after I've been driving for awhile sometimes. Scared me the first time I saw it LOL. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back