The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

aftermarket flexplate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GILZTSIAWD

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
petal, Mississippi
Where can you get an aftermarket flexplate at that is stronger than stock? My stock one is snapped into pieces right now, so I definitely don't want to go back stock just to have it snap again when I haven't even fed it much boost or any n2o yet! btw I saw the thread about the d3 flexplate, but I didn't know if anybody had any experience with it as the product still says coming soon.

Id say get a stocker and tighten those bolts to spec. Mine exploded into a million peices as well but it was because the bolts were not tightened correctly, think about it, if bolts dont come loose, nothing can happen because thats some strong ass metal. Most use the stock flexplate, it is good if used correctly. And if you hear anything (like rattling, just take off inspection plate and torque back again. I havent had any problems with mine and i have a pretty much built automatic, just used somee red locktite and they have held crazy launches with ease.

Yeah I had just installed a new billet torque converter with all new bolts sprayed down with brake cleaner and then red high temp loc-tite. They were all tight when removed, actually had trouble getting the bolts loose. I am going to order some new bolts and a new plate tomorrow I guess and try again. Just tired of pulling the tranny.

yea i know what you mean, just tighten them to spec and you should be perfect

We will have one on the market soon. It will be SFI aproved also.

92awdgsx said:

Thats great! I will definitely be one of the first ones to get one!

92awdgsx said:

Any idea when this might be on the market? I snapped another one tonight when I went to finally spray the car.

Well I broke another one. This time it tore apart some other stuff when it slung apart. Anybody make one of these yet? Or know somewhere that I could have one custom made if i sent them the factory one so they would have something to go off of? Images below are clickable so you can make them bigger....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wow, that's pretty bad, hopefully you don't have much financial loss.

I keep hearing about how you can double up the stocker so probe around on that idea.

I also have heard about an aftermarket flexplate for these cars for over 4 years now, it's probably not going to happen so.

If you can double up the stocker it would make sense that all you need to do is get someone at a CNC shop to CAD out the stocker and double it in thickness. It would have to be thicker though on the converter side of the flexplate and not towards the tranny.

You might be able to find a few guys online to go in on it with you or hell, start selling them.

What is the plate that the starter hooks up to and sits in between the motor and trans. Mine recently broke and was wondering if anybody sold these online. Or do you even need this piece. And what exactly is it called anyone know. thanks And im not talkin about the flex plate. It more like a metal gasket with a starter hole in it and sits around the trans. thankx

I'd double it up. Ive been using 2 flexplates with no issues. 150 shot plus over 580awhp

x2 on the double flex I blew one apart then ran two and havent had a problem since. 2 plates ftw!

Hello? Anyone there?

I have a setuip similar to yours. The double plexplate is most likely your best bet. Extreme Motorsports in Odenton MD is making me one as we speak, and should be ready tomorrow. It cost me $190.00 including MD tax. I'll post some pics once I recieve it.:thumb:

Hope they sent you KY with that.

Yeah I know. I couldnt find anyone else to build me one. I looked at it this way. A new flex plate is $50+tax. I need 2 of those + labor. I really only spent $80 for him to make it.

It's been almost a month and I don't see any pic's? Do you need to get longer bolts with double flex plates ?

My fault. I'll take some pics when I get home. Its nothing special, just 2 flexplates welded together. I was told to use ARP bolts. Ill post the specs soon.

Can you please include the spec's on the ARP bolts as well as a part number or where to order them, and the pic's too!

I'm sorry its taking me so long to get the pics of the flexplate. I'm in the process of moving, and I just keep forgeting. I WILL post them as soon as I get settled. As for the bolts, this is a quote from Kiggly: "I'm using grade 12.9 allen bolts, M10x1.25 with red high temp loctite and 55ft-lbs."

I'm going to use the same.:thumb:

I know this is old but does anyone have more info on using 2 flexplates together? What bolts is everyone using and do you have to run 2 starter plates also?

Everything I've read states you just use 2 flex plates and no spacer with everything else in stock configuration. If I'm wrong, I'm interested in knowing too.

By the way, good use of the search feature, I you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back