The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

After Emissions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talonman86096

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2006
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Ok I have a question/problem ive tried searching for but cant seem to find a straight answer for. I have dsmlink v 2.5 installed on my 96gst with 550cc injectors. I just purchased the car a few weeks ago and the injectors were already adjusted for with link and I have the previous owner sent me the file with the tune. Car had been running fine with no problems and today I had to get Emissions testing done because our state requires it. So after that was done and it passed everything now when I try to go WOT the car seems to stutter and almost feels like it misses or is sucking air aka boost leak. My question is though do I need to start up link and reload the previous tune that was done for the 550cc injectors? Could the emissions testing somehow have reset the computer back to stock values and the problem be the fuel? Im still running the stock fuel pump so I know I am not maxing out those injectors or anything but I dont know if the dead time could have been altered by them just hooking up to do emissions. I dont really have an experience with link and Im trying to learn. Help is much appreciated

The emissions test would not have change the tune on your computer. If you updated the tune in order to pass the test then you will need to reload the old tune to get the car back to where it was before the test.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back