The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

AEM or Innovate or Zeitronix

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ali_viento

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2007
Dubai, Asia
i want to buy the new wideband ( A/F ratio ) but i need your opinions , i want to choose the wideband between AEM & Innovate & Zeitronix .:confused:
please let me know which do you recommending to me ?
thanks

I'm a big fan of the Zeitronix stuff. I like that it is one system that can log wideband A/F, EGT, Boost, RPM, TPS, and a custom user input. It has other features to such as the simulated narrow band output so your ECU uses a signal that matches exactly what your wideband sees. You can add a audio/visual alarm box and program it to warn you of any number of conditions such as to much boost, running lean, or anything of of the user defined input. The narrow band switching point feature will lie to your ecu and make the part throttle A/F differ from 14.7 either leaner or richer if you want to cover up for big cams or just make it a little leaner for better fuel economy when you are out of the throttle.

Sorry for the really long post and I still didn't cover what it can do. I am very happy with mine and as a bonus they aren't made in China. Each unit is assembled, soldered, and tested right here in the states by guys who care about what they are doing.

right about now the innovate is the most accurate and fastest reacting one out ther. aems are fine also but as for the best on the market right now its the innovate.

right about now the innovate is the most accurate and fastest reacting one out ther. aems are fine also but as for the best on the market right now its the innovate.
How do you know all the Innovate products are the better performers?

Can you provide some kind of data comparison please, instead of just an opinion.

IMO, the AEM doesn't read low enough or fast enough and the display is annoyingly small. Keep in mind, in addition to tuning, you'll want to be able to see the readout clearly at all times to warn of problems in the middle of a pull. It's as much of an information gauge as it is a tuning tool.

Like everyone else said, Zeitronix and Innovate are both top of the line. It's going to come down to what you're willing to spend. The Zeitronix is big money, but you can also add (for more money) lots of useful features and have them all in one display (which, again, I think is too small and hard to read to be easily seen while making a pull).

IMO, here's what I'd get:

Innovate LC-1 Lambda Cable w/ O2 Sensor (Standalone WBO2) [LC-1 w/ O2] - $199.00 : Moates.Net

O-Meter - All New!! (combo offers!) [OMETER] - $69.00 : Moates.Net

Zeitronix added a new gauge style display that is much better than the old box display. It looks like this Pics in this review.and can even be seen in direct sunlight.

Don't forget to check compatibility with the logger of your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know all the Innovate products are the better performers?

Can you provide some kind of data comparison please, instead of just an opinion.

didnt think it seemed like my reply was opinionated... but here ya go.

http://http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/index.html

look down at the bottom of the home page where it says wideband shootout in the innovate in the media secton and read the article.

I owned an Innovate for a while and it did function very well but I just found the setup with the huge logging box/display combo to cumbersome to effectively mount in my daily driver.

The aem wideband works fine for most people i dont see why it should for you:) I have it and its great!!! i cant vouch for the others but i can say that it seems like most people use the aem uego wideband. Thumps up to a great mod.

its the opinion of my friend that works on Haltech engine management systems company "AEM sucks, Innovate is marginally better, Techedge is decent, NGK AFX is better and ECM is the best".
he testet alot of widebands . he said again " the ECM dont sell amny of them publicly , the OEM's use them ECM inits to calibrate factory computers, the ECM wideband is $2500 but best bang for the buck is NGK AFX, Tech edge, or FJO or Innovate".
plus i must add this matter that he doesnt works with Zeitronix .

+1 on Zeitronix. Love all the features and additional inputs. Top of the line electronics built into the box and displays too, no cheap stuff. The warning light/buzzer is great too. Way better than having to keep your eye on a gauge when doing a pull.

wideband shootout results

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I personally like the AEM Uego mainly because it fits in my FROG eyes gauge pod, easy to read when mounted there, and very reasonably priced for the performance.

Was that wideband shootout taken from the V8 car application?
Didn't they also state that the ZT-2 was a great deal for the price. Wideband and the logging functions
My ZT-2 was about the simplest install I have done in the car yet.
Splice into one wire, tap into 2 or 3 others and you are done.

ZT-2 FTW

didnt think it seemed like my reply was opinionated... but here ya go.

Innovate Motorsports Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Tuning

look down at the bottom of the home page where it says wideband shootout in the innovate in the media secton and read the article.

I fixed your link address in the quote...

Thanks, that is the kind of thing I was looking for.
Doing some research before I buy. I had been favoring the Zeitronix... not sure now.

ive used LM1 for 3 years with the normal 'box' display unit, no problems, never had to replace a sensor and its always in the car, probably 25k on it.

+1 for the zeitronix I've had it on my car for almost 1 year, and have NO complains what so ever with it.

wideband shootout results

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I personally like the AEM Uego mainly because it fits in my FROG eyes gauge pod, easy to read when mounted there, and very reasonably priced for the performance.

That test is pretty laughable considering the fact that if you go around and ask professional tuners you'll get very very different results. Not to mention how overwhelmingly subjective the majority of test parameters are.

ali_viento said:
its the opinion of my friend that works on Haltech engine management systems company "AEM sucks, Innovate is marginally better, Techedge is decent, NGK AFX is better and ECM is the best".
he testet alot of widebands . he said again " the ECM dont sell amny of them publicly , the OEM's use them ECM inits to calibrate factory computers, the ECM wideband is $2500 but best bang for the buck is NGK AFX, Tech edge, or FJO or Innovate".

I've heard the exact same thing. Many big name tuners on Honda-Tech have nothing but good things to say about the AFX.

I've had both AEM and Innovate and personally I like the AEM better, mainly because of the nice digital gauge I had. I have no negative words about Innovate other than expense though so do what you want.

i heard more good news about zeitronix and innovate , by the way i decide to choose between innovate and zeitronix , please let me know your opinion Now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back