The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

AEM EMS Owners (EMS Location?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colossus

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2003
Crestview, Florida
Ok, the time has come to position and connect my EMS. It doesn't have any mounting brackets. So, taking the shortness of the ECU harness into count, where did you guys mount and connect your EMS? I was thinking since the ECU and EMS are almost the same size, trying to slip it back there behind the radio, but it'd be lose, only to be held in place by its wires. That way whenever I'm not logging or tuning, I can just put the side console pad back in place and it's hidden. If I can get the wires out far enough, however, I want to make a bracket and mount it to the passenger side floor board and place a plexiglass case over top of it to stop peoples feet from hitting it.

Suggestions/Comments? I have a 1G BTW.

Hmmm...the EMS is MUCH bigger than the stock ECU, at least with my '90. You may have trouble trying to fit it back there. Right now mine is just hanging out in the passenger footwell for easy access. There is an interior trim piece you can remove to get a little extra distance out of the stock harness. Good luck and see you around the AEM forums :thumb:

Colossus said:
I'm already on there :p Been on there. The mods got mad at me for my booby rubbing avatar. :(

Oh, so that was you, LOL. Well, can't blame them for making their site work safe, even though I am sure 100% of the people there enjoyed it, heh heh ;)

Mine is in the stock location. It came with some adhesive-backed velcro that I used to secure it back there.

It mounts in the stock location. U may have to remove the Air Con/ Heat vents, but once the EMS is in there, u can put them back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back