The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

AEM EMS Series 2???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like AEM has a new EMS out

AEM New Parts

So far the new EMS is only for the MKIV Supras but with enough demand and inquiry we can also hope to get a model to replace our serial plug dinosaur!

They have also come out with a software beta to eventually replace AEMPRO software. AEMTUNER is the softwear being shipped with the MKIV Supra series 2 EMS's. Upon reading forums from other sites I am skeptical in using it since a number of them claim issues with numerous errors. It is beta software over all but I have read in a few posts that the developer for the new software has moved on from the company leaving no support. I reccommend holding off deleting out your AEMPRO software for a while.

YouTube - AEM Tuner - Ten New Features

For anyone looking at the Series 2, there are really no improvements over the 1st gen. The only really cool feature is that you get a native USB connection. The box will still be about the same size. They have not mad any improvements to the amount of break points you can have.

The new software will work with the v1.19 and v1.21 maps, so you can start taking advantage of the new software right now.

I really wish that they would switch to a fuel 32x32 map, so that I could have a lot more resolution in my idle/peek torque areas. I also wish they would make the EMS the size of a Motec M800 and just sell adapter harnesses. I am soooo tired of the brick size ecu.

for anyone looking at the series 2, there are really no improvements over the 1st gen. The only really cool feature is that you get a native usb connection. The box will still be about the same size. They have not mad any improvements to the amount of break points you can have.

The new software will work with the v1.19 and v1.21 maps, so you can start taking advantage of the new software right now.

I really wish that they would switch to a fuel 32x32 map, so that i could have a lot more resolution in my idle/peek torque areas. I also wish they would make the ems the size of a motec m800 and just sell adapter harnesses. I am soooo tired of the brick size ecu.

+1....

Not true the new unit has legit knock control. Not 100% sure on the details but from talking with people about the new unit and AEM's tech support the new unit makes it so our cars can affectively monitor knock.

Not true the new unit has legit knock control. Not 100% sure on the details but from talking with people about the new unit and AEM's tech support the new unit makes it so our cars can affectively monitor knock.

Thats weird, my aempro software, and series 1 monitors knock in knock fuel knock raw, knock volts etc.

And I can also adjust the frequency of when the knock sensor sees a reason to set the knock control off, how much fuel to add, and how much timing to take out, and how many revs/secs to start to go back into more timing/less fuel.

Thats weird, my aempro software, and series 1 monitors knock in knock fuel knock raw, knock volts etc.

And I can also adjust the frequency of when the knock sensor sees a reason to set the knock control off, how much fuel to add, and how much timing to take out, and how many revs/secs to start to go back into more timing/less fuel.

Yeah not sure how the new system works that they say it has "User adjustable knock sensor center frequency" that makes it better than the old system but in reality they cost about the same amount new so it's almost like why by the old one anyway. Especially since the new model has a usb port not just serial.

Yeah not sure how the new system works that they say it has "User adjustable knock sensor center frequency" that makes it better than the old system but in reality they cost about the same amount new so it's almost like why by the old one anyway. Especially since the new model has a usb port not just serial.

Yeah sounds like there listing something it already has LOL. Unless there talking about setting the frequency of how "deaf" the knock sensor is, but AEMPRO you can set the knock volts of how much voltage it takes for the knock sensor to read before it starts pulling timing, and adding fuel.

Usb is nice, but I most guys use a db9-usb anyway now adays. If they work out the kinks on the new software Im gonna download it and take a look at it.

Yeah sounds like there listing something it already has LOL. Unless there talking about setting the frequency of how "deaf" the knock sensor is, but AEMPRO you can set the knock volts of how much voltage it takes for the knock sensor to read before it starts pulling timing, and adding fuel.

Usb is nice, but I most guys use a db9-usb anyway now adays. If they work out the kinks on the new software Im gonna download it and take a look at it.

Yeah I mean I have to buy a new unit anyway because I sold mine a while back to get engine parts and the only way to get another deal like that is to steakout the classifieds. :ohdamn:

I'm gonna go with the new unit if I don't have any luck there as I found out my trigger disk designed to help with cold starts and top end timing resolution can't be accomidated by V3

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back