The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

95/96 cas on 97 engine new injector firing order?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadsportz

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2012
Oak Hill, New_York
I just figured out my 97 gst has a 95/96 head on it so it has the cas behind the cam on the timing side. My firing order is swapped so the car will run. I've been having a bucking/misfiring/possible knock feeling between 1800/2200 rpm's. If I try to go up a slight hill at these Tom's the car really bucks bad. I have changed spark plug wire's and it is still there. I have read about how the injector firing order needs to be swapped also for the different style case but nobody has made it clear what the injector firing order has to be.

I'm not interested in dsmlink yet. It has a 95/96 head I'm guessing someone snapped a timing belt and got this head from a junk yard. They used the 95/96 cams so there is no thread in the cam to attach the 97-99 cas or I would have done that. I also don't want to hack the harness to put the 1g cas in, and also heard that could cause misfiring. I would like to just swap my injector pins in my ecu to change the firing order.

Anyone?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back