The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

90’ 1ga fwd turbo manual trans detent upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamLaserRS

Probationary Member
Jul 28, 2021
Pine grove ca, California
Hey, I found a few threads on the detent springs for the 1ga and 1gb trans but from my understanding they are talking about the awd trans. Regardless I was curious if anyone has tried putting the Honda transmission detent springs in? And no I’m not talking about oe Honda springs, I’m talking about the upgrade kit from hybrid racing. I have used those spring in previous Hondas before and I think it might work but I just want to know if anyone has tried it before I give it a try.

thanks

Adam.

It depends if the sizes are similar. You can always shim it or slightly pull the springs apart. Can you explain the exact upgrades on the Honda?
I found your old thread about this and it helped immensely. It’s surprising how much it helps, and it’s cheap/easy

I found your old thread about this and it helped immensely. It’s surprising how much it helps, and it’s cheap/easy
Glad it helped you. It was weird that one spring and ball were smaller for some reason.

Mine feels better also 🤙

Yeah, the hybrid racing springs are taller springs, but are made of a stronger steel and drastically improve shift engagement. Like, if you have ever driven a stock, high mileage Honda Civic the shifting is absolute trash, just sloppy and uncomfortable. But based on the pictures I’ve seen of our detent springs and the Honda springs, I’m fairly confident that they will work, I just don’t want to go spend $20 on springs and not be able to use them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back