The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

420a timing belt removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you sure can! it will be a PITA though with how close the engine is to the strut tower

Yeah. You can.

They are not to hard to do. I found out the hardest part was removing the bracket that holds the engine mount. They are a bi*** because there is no room. Other than that, they are easy as hell.

Yes that bracket is a pain to get out. I found that the easiest way to get it out is to remove the intake tube (for clearance issues) and then jack the engine up as high as it will go. It should wigle out a little easier.

For sure, just make sure you have a nice jack to lift the engine up when you get the passenger mount out.

Yes the motor mount on the timing belt side is the hardest part of the project because those bolts are just so long, as people have said jack the engine as high as it can go but make sure to undo the front motor mount as i have found out if you dont there is a good chance that it will tear the rubber and no one likes wrecked motormounts ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back