The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 420A Experts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Mason

Proven Member
Apr 29, 2017
Covington, Kentucky
Hello, so I'm getting ready to do the timing belt/change. I have a question regarding a head gasket repair kit though. It is for the 99 spyder turbo from what I gather, and mine is rs. Non turbo of course. I've included the picture of everything in the package and curious what if any would be the same for 420 that would also work the 4g63 motor I'm assuming it's for. Thanks ahead

Attachments

• IMG_5662.PNG
    IMG_5662.PNG
    36.2 KB · Views: 57
Yeah totally different engines. But good call making a supply list. Doing a proper head gasket and timing belt change means lots of small things to buy: lube when reassembling head, copper coating for head gasket, new intake plenum gaskets or exhaust gaskets I forget which you shouldn't reuse, timing belt tensioner, etc etc. When you're on a roll, you hate to have to run back to the store.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back