2G 420A Experts?

Posted by Thomas Mason, Mar 7, 2018

Please Support Race Components Inc
  1. Thomas Mason

Thomas Mason Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2017
    Covington, Kentucky
    Hello, so I'm getting ready to do the timing belt/change. I have a question regarding a head gasket repair kit though. It is for the 99 spyder turbo from what I gather, and mine is rs. Non turbo of course. I've included the picture of everything in the package and curious what if any would be the same for 420 that would also work the 4g63 motor I'm assuming it's for. Thanks ahead

Attached Files:

My DSM:
  2. silvreclips

silvreclips Proven Member

Joined Jul 19, 2005
    Greenville, South Carolina
    They are completely different motors. Nothing in that kit will work. Buy the correct kit for the engine you have.

DJRace likes this.
  3. Thomas Mason

Joined Apr 29, 2017
    Covington, Kentucky
    Figured thanks tho

My DSM:
  4. RallyEclipse98

RallyEclipse98 Proven Member

Joined Jul 31, 2007
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Yeah totally different engines. But good call making a supply list. Doing a proper head gasket and timing belt change means lots of small things to buy: lube when reassembling head, copper coating for head gasket, new intake plenum gaskets or exhaust gaskets I forget which you shouldn't reuse, timing belt tensioner, etc etc. When you're on a roll, you hate to have to run back to the store.

5. Thomas Mason

Joined Apr 29, 2017
    Covington, Kentucky
    Very true thanks man

My DSM: