talon2gbuyer
10+ Year Contributor
- 1,118
- 3
- Sep 24, 2009
-
Aston,
Pennsylvania
Hey guys, apologies for not being able to search for this, still trying to fully figure out tapatalk.
I have an issue that left me stranded the other day with the Talon blowing 30amp fuses like crazy. I replaced it twice thinking bum fuses, but it seems there is a short somewhere. Basically I'd replace the fuse, the car would start and run then once I put it in gear and moved about 10 feet it would completely die on me again.
I've already checked front O2 wiring and nothing is melted or exposed. I've looked at the engine grounds in the bay and all of them are clean and tight as when I had them installed.
Anyone have any ideas where I should look for this short? I know that the particular fuse is tied to the fuel pump, front O2 sensor and starter if I'm not mistaken. Anyone have any ideas I can try?
I have an issue that left me stranded the other day with the Talon blowing 30amp fuses like crazy. I replaced it twice thinking bum fuses, but it seems there is a short somewhere. Basically I'd replace the fuse, the car would start and run then once I put it in gear and moved about 10 feet it would completely die on me again.
I've already checked front O2 wiring and nothing is melted or exposed. I've looked at the engine grounds in the bay and all of them are clean and tight as when I had them installed.
Anyone have any ideas where I should look for this short? I know that the particular fuse is tied to the fuel pump, front O2 sensor and starter if I'm not mistaken. Anyone have any ideas I can try?
