The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1gb bumper/tails on a 1ga Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insanewayne

15+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2004
Ladysmith, B.C._Canada
Ok, I've searched and searched here and on Talk, and can't find it anywhere.

I have a 91 TSi, I want to put a 1gb rear on it. I need bumper, and tails lights. Anything else? Is there like a plate that goes in behind the lights?

I've read it's a direct bolt on, beside for some altering of the bumper supports or something. None of the posts I read were actually answer, just all speculation.

Does anyone have a brief Vfaq, or a list of what I'll need or any pics of what it looks like?

Thank you very much

Wayne

You will need to move the plate that holds the bumper in the middle under the center taillight section lower to accomodate the 1gb talon rear. You will see it's not that complicated once you get the bumper off and compare mounting points. you may need extra wire to extend the backup light bulbs up to the center section where they are on a 1gb. Other than that it's pretty straight forward.
Good luck

Right on man, I appreciate the reply, that makes things much clearer. :thumb:

Does anyone have any pics of this? The way I look at it the body lines should still line up pretty good, might even look pretty cool, jsut want to see it done to verify.

Thanks

Wayne

insanewayne said:
Ok, I've searched and searched here and on Talk, and can't find it anywhere.

..... None of the posts I read were actually answer, just all speculation.

Does anyone have a brief Vfaq, or a list of what I'll need

no offence but that is complete bs. :notgood:

this topic has been covered hundreds of times and i have posted a complete list of needed parts nearly as many times. so i dont beleive that.

but as stated, you need the 3 peice talon tails, the rear bumper and you will need to do some wiring to make all the lights light up in the talon tails correctly.
you will also need to move your back up light and licence plate light wiring to its new location.sometimes the wiring is long enough, some times it isnt.

when done, it looks like a 92-94 talon rear, nothing else.

Ok man, cool, I did search, guess I wasn't typing in the right shit. :rolleyes: ..........

Anyways, I guess I go search for your post, did u start the thread of was it a reply?

Got pics?

Ok, so I read your posts about this shit, most of them are refering to the front end conversion, for the rear you just list bumper, both tails, and center peice. Fair enough.
you never gave a walkthrough, or pics tho.

From what I've read, I pretty confident I can handle it.

Does anyone have pics though? I just want to see how the body lines flow with the 91 sideskirts.

Thanks alot.

Wayne

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back