The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g Throttle Body Switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMKevan

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2004
Clarkston, Michigan
Is it possible to use a 1992-1994 TSI FWD Talon throttle body (or just ISC) on a 1990 TSI AWD? I know the ISCs are different, but cant you just change the connector coming from the ECU from 1990 style to 1992 style, then just bolt on the 1992 ISC onto the 1990 throttle body? Or would you have to switch the ISC connector, and the entire throttle body assembly (is that even possible?)?

Is there any difference between a 1990 tsi awd and a 1992 tsi fwd Throttle Body?

This is all to get my car to idle better, but I suppose I could just block off the ISC or unplug it, until I get a working ISC.

This is what I have learned from having a bastard year 90. No one knows how to switch the TB to a later style becasue of the vacuum ports and sensors. 90 is the only other year that has the same ISC as you have so you ar basically stuck that way. I though of just swapping them and eliminating the emmisions so I didnt have to worry about the vacuum ports, but then you have to figure out the sensors and there wires. If you could do that then it wouldn't be a problem to swap. I was going to do the same thing but no one else knew so I just gave up and found a decent ISC at a junk yard.

Michael
:talon: :laser:

Thats what Ill end up doing. It was just a longshot idea, since my uncle just found a 92 tsi fwd for sale that has engine problems. We still might pick it up for parts though. Lol by then well have 1 1992 n/t fwd parts car, and one 1992 tsi fwd :laugh:

I have one quick question about the GM MAFT. Can I use the GM MAFT with all the hoses stock, including the intercooler hoses, and intake hose? Im going to upgrade the pipes eventually but Im not sure what size and what bov type I want on them yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back