The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1g GSX wanted. I'll pay WAY too much!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrvictory1999

Probationary Member
Mar 7, 2013
Cleburne, Texas
As a teenager, I had a 1990 Eclipse GSX. (White exterior, black top, black and checkered-grey interior.) It was the vehicular love of my life, just until I wrapped it around a utility poll. I've missed it ever since.

Now I'm having a mid-life crisis and am willing to pay top dollar for a 1g GSX in great condition. The closer it is to stock, the more I'm willing to pay. I'm thinking $5k to $10k, but I would go higher for one that is bone stock and museum quality.

Know anybody who's been babying their GSX for the last 20 years? Send them my way and I'll give you a $500 finder's fee if I end up buying it. You can send me a private message, or reply to this thread, or email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks for your help!

I live in Connecticut but I'm willing to ship it from just about anywhere in the continental US.

That car is in great condition. I would buy it if i could.

You've seen 150k cars that are over 20yrs old look better? body is straight and clean. So is the interior, especially the leather seats. Not to mention, its unmolested. The car you posted has nothing the op is looking for.

How not? He wanted a clean 1g and that 93 talon is beautiful. I've seen it in person.

And yes i'v seen many many cars with 150k that were cleaner then the one you linked. Hell the one i just linked has 180k on it and its far cleaner.

Plus 9500 for a 1g??? Give me a break.

Besides the completely stupid price, the front bumper was ruined by a front plate bracket. It has non oem, non matching seats.

The dash pads are pealing up in the corners like the average dsm.

And the rust. Everything is rusted to ####. Look at that heat shield. No way thats oem. I can guarantee that car was de-modded to appear stock for the sale. I will bet my car on it.

I dont trust the mileage at all, probably not the original dash. That car looks like its been dd'd all year round.

The only thing that car has going for it is the paint, but it looks ok in the terrible low res pics they posted. They are selling a 1g for $9500 and they cant muster better then a 10 year old cell phone pic? Doesn't that seem odd to you? Cant borrow a friends iphone even? Come on now...

Wish I was still back east.

Now that is clean

Last edited:
Ive seen the car and its great. No tooling marks or anything on the bolts. It might look bad to you but for a car in this area it is in really good condition.

NJ requires by law all cars have front license plates so any car from there will have holes. And they salt their roads at even the slightest hint of snow. So that slight amount of rust doesn't bother me. I know 5yr old cars with more rust.

You can be a skeptic all you want and you have the right to, but like I said, the op is looking for an unmolested car. The one you posted has been repainted, which lowers the value and can make sny shitty car look good, modded, an has the motor reworked. Not to mention his first car that he loved was a 1ga and not 1gb.

Now I wouldn't pay that price for a 1g but the op has his budget around there.

Thanks for all the input, guys. The one in Jersey is only 2 hours from me so I will take a look.

Damn! The one on Ebay looks amazing, ands the price! I would snatch that up if it was closer.

I know of a 1992 tsi awd with only 2 owners 83k on the clock. Complete virgin car was owned by a 71 year old woman who bought it new. No rust at all. even pinch welds are still mint. I'm in Kansas. Pm if your interested. Car is red. With perfect tan leather.

Both of those eBay auctions showed up on my email alerts from saved searches. That maroon one is the most perfect example I've seen in... ever. Too bad it's automatic. I think it probably belongs in a museum rather than as someone's daily driver.

That guy with the white 1g is on crack my car is 10x cleaner than that and mine has 120k on it i paid 3200 for mine and feel like i over paid for it it may be a nice car but you need to remember that there 20 year old cars. I wouldnt pay more than 5k for a mint condition 1g unless it was a 10 sec plus car that was cleaner than mine.

As a teenager, I had a 1990 Eclipse GSX. (White exterior, black top, black and checkered-grey interior.) It was the vehicular love of my life, just until I wrapped it around a utility poll. I've missed it ever since.

Now I'm having a mid-life crisis and am willing to pay top dollar for a 1g GSX in great condition. The closer it is to stock, the more I'm willing to pay. I'm thinking $5k to $10k, but I would go higher for one that is bone stock and museum quality.

Know anybody who's been babying their GSX for the last 20 years? Send them my way and I'll give you a $500 finder's fee if I end up buying it. You can send me a private message, or reply to this thread, or email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks for your help!

just wondering if u no of anymore 1g's for sale in the condition your new was is in. i am willing to spend alot of money for the right one

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back