The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1991 laser ecu questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMCOLT4545

Probationary Member
Aug 14, 2012
SAINT PAUL, Minnesota
Alright everyone. I have a 1991 laser 2.0 na im going turbo in the spring and im lost and have no idea what to do for a ecu. I know im goodg with dsmlink. How does it work and what do all I need for it?

Thanks colt.

Your going to need a turbo eprom ecu, it will need to be socketed and then have the link chip put in. You could also go with a non eprom turbo ecu and have it converted to eprom.

How much should I be looking at spending on the ecu with the eprom and the link chip put ?

Well, it ended up costing me about 1500 total make the change and rebuild the engine in the process. That said I also wasn't planning to use dsmlink to tune it so I wasn't in need of an eprom, just got a regular turbo ecu to put in. other than the ecu you need to replace the maf with a turbo one, or do something else such as convert to a 2g maf, etc. The na does not have a knock sensor so you'll need one of those too. You should also try to find a boost control solenoid even if you plan on controlling boost in some other way. Sometimes you'll get a CEL for it if you don't plug one in. I used a mbc on mine so i just strapped the bcs under the dash next to the ecu so I didn't have to use as much wire.

There's a number of other things involved obviously, but that's the bare-bones of what you need to please the ecu.

ive been doing some reading, and what ive figured out is yes i need a turbo 1g ecu that shouldnt be to hard to track down. but im going with the dsmlink v3 along with the gm maf, im gonna have to go with it, i just picked up a precision 6152 turbo. picked up the dnp exhaust manifold, and a bjs intake manifold. now time to find a block, maybe a built one. i have my eye on one on craigslist with a manley crank, rods, and pistions in it already. 1200 bucks im thinking about getting it this weekend.

oh and how do i go about putting in the knock sensor?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back