The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

GVR-4 15x8 Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idreamidrive

Probationary Member
Jan 23, 2013
Murray, Kentucky
Any come across some 15x8 wheels that clear the big brakes on 1g's? I was tossing around the idea of converting my gvr4 to 4x100 since there are more options for 15x8, since I know the stock wheels barely clear the brakes as it is, and recently found 15x8 in some rota slipstreams in +40 5x114.3 http://www.wheeltech360.com/ROTA-Wheel-Slipstream-15x8-5x114340mm-73mm-Hub_p_230.html . That offset looks very promising, but I have also read people have to clearance components to make other 8" wide wheels fit. Obviously I would have to convert my car to 5x4.5, but that would be easier than 4x100.

Any come across some 15x8 wheels that clear the big brakes on 1g's? I was tossing around the idea of converting my gvr4 to 4x100 since there are more options for 15x8, since I know the stock wheels barely clear the brakes as it is, and recently found 15x8 in some rota slipstreams in +40 5x114.3 http://www.wheeltech360.com/ROTA-Wheel-Slipstream-15x8-5x114340mm-73mm-Hub_p_230.html . That offset looks very promising, but I have also read people have to clearance components to make other 8" wide wheels fit. Obviously I would have to convert my car to 5x4.5, but that would be easier than 4x100.

as far as the brakes i do believe they fit the 1g dual pistons fine. the rear trailing arms on the 1g did pose some issue where it either required a spacer or modding the trailing arms for clearance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back