The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1.8 and 2.0T FWD Sending Unit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xit40

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
Weedsport, New_York
Ok I have a simple question. My fuel sending unit is rusted out on my 1990 Laser RS FWD. I found a good looking sending unit from a 1.8 Eclipse. Since these are both FWD models are they the same? I know the fuel pumps are different, but that doesn't matter to me. It seems likely to me that they are the same minus the pump but I just wanted to check before I dropped the cash on it. Thanx

Well I finally got in touch with the person that had the sending unit for sale. It seems the 1.8 liter units are different then the 2.0 liter units. There is no provision on the bottom of the 1.8 liter sending unit for the drain plug that holds the 2.0 liter sending unit in place. Sucks for me.

They are the same. Only 2 part numbers, MB487472 for the FWD and MB542395 for the AWD. Engine size makes no difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back