The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Running MBC into Cab

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You want the vacuum lines to the MBC to be as short as possible. You'll have poor boost control if you run them into the cabin. Think about it, the pressure has to go like 5-6 ft to the MBC, then 5-6 ft back to the actuator.

You can run the lines into the cab. I have run it on my DSM since 2001 this way. I have the controller coming through the coin keeper right in front of the shifter. I have great control of my boost from the cockpit with my home made MBC. I will post pictures of it if you want to see how I did it.

Yea I wouldn't recommend you running vacuum lines into the cabin. That length is to far for a boost controller. The hallman pro is the best option, or get a electronic boost controller.

All it does is bleed air off. What does it matter if it does it in the cabin or in the engine bay?

I have mine in cabin, would use more reinforced line but it is just a bleeder style mbc so when it bleeds it doesn't care how far away from the waste gate it is but that's my opinion. Reason to run a more reinforced line is if you turn the boost down, you are holding back pressure and if you blow a hole in a vacuum line you will run FULL boost and cross your fingers she holds together.

I have mine in cabin, would use more reinforced line but it is just a bleeder style mbc so when it bleeds it doesn't care how far away from the waste gate it is but that's my opinion. Reason to run a more reinforced line is if you turn the boost down, you are holding back pressure and if you blow a hole in a vacuum line you will run FULL boost and cross your fingers she holds together.

That is my point of view exactly. Especially for a bleeder type MBC. I very rarely drive my car without constantly checking temperature, oil pressure, boost levels, and a whole bunch of other things because I know if something fails it could be catastrophic if not caught in time.

Tuby, you should stop down at highway tomorrow. I'll be out!

I would love to but my car is in the shop right now :banghead: my buddy areask with his gst might be Down to ride around my numbers 414-507-6757 hit me up if you go :thumbup:
or I might go by myself if I do Ill be driving a silver with black rims two door BMW. Hopefully Ill see you there

Last edited:
I would love to but my car is in the shop right now :banghead: my buddy areask with his gst might be Down to ride around my numbers 414-507-6757 hit me up if you go :thumbup:
or I might go by myself if I do Ill be driving a silver with black rims two door BMW. Hopefully Ill see you there

7:30PM at krispy.

Out of curiosity, why do people do this? How often are you adjusting your MBC to make this convenient?

Out of curiosity, why do people do this? How often are you adjusting your MBC to make this convenient?

I was just thinking on the aesthetic side of things. That is would look cool and I do think it would save you some time instead of walking back to the hood every time.

7:30PM at krispy.

Hey man it was nice meeting you sorry I lost you on the cruise. Hope I see you next time. let me know if you go again

I turn it down just cruising around town , ill run 16psi then at the track first pass I run 18-20psi (making sure everything is good ) after the shakedown run ill crank her up to 23 or so..
I like to hit the cutout n turnup the boost if I need to get froggy around town..pretty fun no more popping the hood for ol pip

I have mine right next to my obd 2 port in my cabin on both of my 2g's. One has a hallman pro in the cabin, the other has a cheap ebay MBC in the cabin... Both work GREAT!! I will normally have my boost turned down to 18ish then when I wanted to play I would turn it up to 24 or so without having to stop and make adjustments before I even race.... my hallman pro I have to let off the gas, make my adjustments and then get back on it again to see the new results, and with my cheap ebay MBC when im in WOT I can turn it up and see the difference in boost as soon as the MBC clicks for the adjustment I made :hellyeah:.. that is the coolest feeling ever, running stock boost with your buddy in the car and in the middle of WOT u reach down and turn the boost up 10psi and watch the look on his face :thumb: priceless LOL... then they realize how crazy fast your car can actually be

In theory if you used hard lines that didnt expand then running a regular MBC in the cabin probably wouldnt cause any problems and have minimal boost spikes.

IMO, I would just get the hallman thats built for in-cabin use. Only one line to run in the cabin and its small. Vs running from compressor/boost source all the way in cabin then all the way back to wg actuator. Thats a lot of hose to run. More places to leak.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back