The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Purely aestethic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffinstar16

Proven Member
Apr 30, 2016
Spring Lake, Michigan
Just looking for SUGGESTIONS (ie not "everyone does this so you should too" type of thing) for my 2g. Already has a full apex exhaust, hks ssq bov, hKS turbo timer, short throw and such.
Just looking for ideas is all.
Winter wheels are the green ones.
Summer wheels are black. Mine is on the left. 99 gst.

Attachments

• Snapchat-3959738872150834497.jpg
    Snapchat-3959738872150834497.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 20161112_144405.jpg
    20161112_144405.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 105
Tint the windows darker. Get u some Evo 9 wheels and plasti dip/powder coat them black or copper. Paint your brake calipers as red as can be. Get a front lip. Drop it some inches. Car in fiber wrap your hood. Get some yellow tint headlight film for your fog lights and put a FMIC.

Attachments

• 20160315_104538.jpg
    20160315_104538.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 49
Looks good how it is... nice and clean. Like how you painted the lower grill opening black... looks evo-ish.

Looks like you already dropped it.

Keep the wheels black and add a metalizer to the plastidip to give a bit of depth. Paint your calipers either black or a contrasting color.

Add some tint to smoke out your tail lights as well. Nothing too dark, just a legal window tint.

I like upgrades that are functional as well. So I'd suggest carbon fiber or fiber glass body parts with plexi glass, FMIC, lightweight wheels, proper race suspension, retrofit led head and tail lights, lip and diffuser, a good paint job goes a long way. Honestly these cars don't need to much to look great; like an award-winning chef once told me when I asked him what his secret was, he said "when you start off with something awesome you don't have to do very much to end up with something great."

anyone have a guide on how to properly smoke tail lights? ive seen some horrid attempts on all kids of vehicles and i dont want to be one of them.

anyone have a guide on how to properly smoke tail lights? ive seen some horrid attempts on all kids of vehicles and i dont want to be one of them.
Then get them done professionally by a body shop, the ones that look bad are done with rattle can tail light tint.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You can also buy window tint film (designed for smoking lights) for a less permanent smoked look...

Here's mine. I did the tail lights, reverse lights and third brake light. All done with film.

Another pic.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back